Huge Electric co auction - lots of bucket trucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea i totally agree. unless you plan on buyin 3 or 4 trucks and painting them then sellin them, its not worth it. i buy atauctions all the time. theres a 10% buyers fee plus 6 or 7 % tax. thats 16 or 17% on top of the price you bid to. things get verry expensive at auctions lol. and some, well most of the time its junk, thats why its at a auction and not on a equipment lot forsale

I was at an auction last week in Atlantic City. Trying to pick up a skidsteer trailer. There were about 7 brand new 20fters. Problem was the manufacturer placed the axles far back on the frame that caused the trailer to have way too much tongue weight. The dealer instead of dealing with a bunch of po'd customers sent them to auction.

There was 3 brand new ASV Rc85's that went for 35k! Thats a steal. Although, might be reason why they were there and not on the dealer lot.

I also know a guy that bought a hydro hammer for an excavator. It had all the casing but was missing all the internals. Looked brand new too, he got screwed big time.

You gotta be smart at the auctions!! You can make out like a bandit and you can also get robbed.

My favorite auction is Richie Bros. They have no buyers fee. and you get to sit down in a nice comfortable stadium instead of walking around with the auctioneers in the field. They have one next week but its during the week. If it was on a weekend id be there.

Nate:
Thanks for posting the link!
I'm going for sure. Maybe I'll see you there.
I hate paying last minute air fares but I've never been to an auction I didn't make money on. I really need 4 or 5 more dependable but cheap bucket trucks. I've had pretty good luck plucking some real jewels out of, what at first glance, appears to be a just a bunch of junkers. Again, Thanks!

hey now firewood, lol i was just sayin, you can get robbed, but you can make out great!. just be careful!, and dont get me wrong, ill be at every local auction till the day i die

Latest posts

Back