Huge White Oak needs help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Whole Tree

A Little Story My Mother and Father were out looking at houses when they stumbled across this house and tree. One look at the tree and my Mother was sold on it. Living in the City of Detroit my Mom and Dad did not Have much but the house we were in. But with the neihbor hood getting tougher all the time they wanted to get there four kids out of the city. From what I know Father sold off all his stock in GM to get this place for my Mom and us. It was a huge move for them. The main reason Im trying to save the tree is my Mom passed in 2004 terminally ill with Cancer. I myself beat Cancer in 2008 So this is for you Mom hope I can save it. I could'nt save you all I could do is pray for a miracle. Sorry to get a bit mushy guys. Here is the whole picture of this beautiful Tree standing on the porch of the vacant house across the street enjoy.

Very nice tree. I hope that it works out and it can be saved. If the grass is growing against the base of the tree you might want to remove it. A nice sized ring around the trunk may be beneficial. You can even mulch it with organic mulch just don't apply the mulch directly against the base of the tree. Leave a 4-6" ring around the root flare.

Very nice tree. I hope that it works out and it can be saved. If the grass is growing against the base of the tree you might want to remove it. A nice sized ring around the trunk may be beneficial. You can even mulch it with organic mulch just don't apply the mulch directly against the base of the tree. Leave a 4-6" ring around the root flare.
Thanks for posting the pics together. I could not fiugure how others were doing that. I will probably wind up doing like you said. I will work it right into the front garden area. It will look good with a border of very small rocks for a border to hold the mulch back where it flattens back down to the grass.

Back