Hurricane Sandy pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overtrained

Not crazy, Stoopid!
Reaction score
I live near a canal on the south shore of long island. These pics are down my block, luckily i have no water near me yet but its only the beginning of the storm. We are under a mandatory evacuation and i had to move north to my in laws house with my wife. I took these pics on the way out, ill up load them but its going to be slow as I'm using my phone and internet service is screwy.

np26n5.jpg

wow! up here in the hudson valley it hasnt got bad yet. only a few branches down in the road nothin big deal. me and the head mechanic tony left work early today after fixing a few things. we had thought it was gonna get real bad around mid day. no really so far. i've been outside since i got home just come in to eat some lunch. i got a 12v on the go chain grinder from work and i tried it out, worked awesome on .325 chain, but not so awesome on 3/8 chain. Its meant for .325 anyways. kinda a cool little deal, been playing with that, cut a few cookies and bucked up some logs i skidded into the field with my fourwheeler for firewood..it's amazing how much weight that yamaha big bear 400 4x4 can pull.

Last edited:
wow! up here in the hudson valley it hasnt got bad yet. only a few branches down in the road nothin big deal. me and the head mechanic tony left work early today after fixing a few things. we had thought it was gonna get real bad around mid day. no really so far. i've been outside since i got home just come in to eat some lunch. i got a 12v on the go chain grinder from work and i tried it out, worked awesome on .325 chain, but not so awesome on 3/8 chain. Its meant for .325 anyways. kinda a cool little deal

These were taken around 1pm....i got 3 saws in the jeep fueled/oiled up ready to go....its getting nasty out, trees are def coming down and the water is rising!

Good luck, man. They're saying you could backup all the way to Sunrise Hwy. I don't have to worry about flooding as much as trees flying in the wind. I was just outside checking up on things and a gust sent me back a step. Had to be at least 60mph.......I'm 200 lbs and it moved me.

Good luck, man. They're saying you could backup all the way to Sunrise Hwy. I don't have to worry about flooding as much as trees flying in the wind. I was just outside checking up on things and a gust sent me back a step. Had to be at least 60mph.......I'm 200 lbs and it moved me.

Ugh thats not good! Now im prone to trees coming down where im at. As long as im safe and the family is, everything else can be replaced.

i am in western ky,, yes i am a inbred redneck,,,, it is sunny but the dang winds are kicking up to 30 mph,, i just hope everyone up there comes through it ok

Latest posts

Back