Huskvarna 2100 14 tooth race sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullshop junior

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I want to get into lumber jacking. I got a huskvarna 2100 with a 20" bar. I have a 7 tooth sprocket, and want more chain speed. does any one know where I can get a 14 tooth sprocket? I have seen them befor. if not, what the biggest I can get?
Thanks
BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

By the sounds of it you got a stock 2100 there. First thing you should work on is modding the powerhead for the most power that you can afford to pay for and then 2nd plan your sprocket size for the power you got.

the power head was modified when it was in was falling trees in south east alaska. Donet evan ask. Its got LOTS of power!
BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

14 tooth sprocket...you are going to need alot more power than you have now. You'll have alot of chain speed, but no grunt.

they only do 6" logs here.
what do you think the best size is for that saw.
Forgot to tell ya.
Im running 3/8 pitch and 63ga.
BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

With a 14 pin it will fall flat on it's face. A 2100 ported where you can still put in a day's work with it will pull a 9 or maybe a 10 pin, depending on what your cutting.
I have a 3120 "work saw" that I race with. It will pull an 11 pin, but you have to use a light touch. If the wood's over 14" I'll drop it down to a 10 pin.
I do have a 16 pin on my bike saw though.

Andy

probly.
Been around chain saws all my life (15 years), but did not start running my own till last year.
dad was never a racer, but I thought it whould be fun.
tell me all you know!
BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

Back