Husky 181

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainsawmanXX

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just acquired a new Husky 181SE Well the guy said he dumped the gas out and cranked on it forever and ever. And he said it would never fire. So i tore it down well guess what No Plug wire.:taped:
But i cant find where the wire goes from the Coil? I took out the Coil? And nothing nothing at all No wire nothing, Im not used to Huskys at all, Im a die hard Stihl man. So im new to this engineering, Can I get a Diagram to where this goes, and where the wire goes? Thanks. (hate to make this short, the lights are flickering.)

I just acquired a new Husky 181SE Well the guy said he dumped the gas out and cranked on it forever and ever. And he said it would never fire. So i tore it down well guess what No Plug wire.:taped:
But i cant find where the wire goes from the Coil? I took out the Coil? And nothing nothing at all No wire nothing, Im not used to Huskys at all, Im a die hard Stihl man. So im new to this engineering, Can I get a Diagram to where this goes, and where the wire goes? Thanks. (hate to make this short, the lights are flickering.)

Doesnt that saw have a coil near the flywheel and a module under the air filter?

just double checked and it indeed does.....

Last edited:
Thanks RamRob, Ill have to check this. As i said, i have never even touched an older Husky like this. Some bronze coming your way.

Yes, it's a 2-part ignition on that one. I have no idea if they are available new. I suspect that it uses the same ignition as the 281 and 288 (they share many other parts), but someone else prolly should verify that. If so, I do see this ignition on EBAY pretty frequently. BTW, the 181 is a classic husky powerhouse and well worth fixing up. It's been a favorite among the 5 cube racers for years.

Last edited:
Do you need the aux coil and plug wire? I bought a parts saw a while back to get a spare carb. I'm pretty sure it had the aux coil and wire on it. I'll check tomorrow when I get to the shop......Cliff

Yea Longbar? I wonder why that is always? :laugh:
Thanks for the diagram Roanoker that will help alot!
Cliff R, If my husky shop cant order one in, Ill get back with you!

I got it to run, and its getting spark! I just need to clean her up alittle bit more, But with all the storms we'v had iv not been able to do it lol.

When you get her running right you will love it if it,s like the one i have used.I have a 281 bought the same saw and i really like mine.You might wont to look for a spair recoil starter they have a ton of comp.

Mike

Latest posts

Back