Husky 181se

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rattler362

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Finally got hold of a 181 i have wanted one for a long time my Buddy decided to part with his and he gave me a call so i went and picked it up had to do a bit of cleaning sharpend the chain she cleaned up purty good ha also gave me 3 bar,s besides the one that was on the saw i got two windsor and one GB in good shape.
100_1138.jpg

100_1145.jpg

100_1140.jpg

The chain brake don,t work on her the band isen,t broke the spring seem,s strong any word,s of wisdom on how to adjust it? Thank,s
Mike

Looks like you will have fun using that one.

Check the action of the band with the chain cover off the saw and see what it does?

Got the chain brake to work i put some blaster on it and took it out and cut up a dead white oak and i guess the running and the blaster finally got it broke loose.The old saw pulls hard has a bunch of compression still not hardly as much as my 281 that mike built but she is stout.

Mike

I heard that, I worked for a lady in her yard the other day and started as close to daylight as I could to get most of it done before it got hotter..

And yes sir, heading out to Highrock.

I heard that, I worked for a lady in her yard the other day and started as close to daylight as I could to get most of it done before it got hotter..

And yes sir, heading out to Highrock.

I got done sawing before it got too hot now mowing the yard was another story.
My cousins husband use to fish in Highrock a lot.Have fun be careful.

Mike

Finally got hold of a 181 i have wanted one for a long time my Buddy decided to part with his and he gave me a call so i went and picked it up had to do a bit of cleaning sharpend the chain she cleaned up purty good ha also gave me 3 bar,s besides the one that was on the saw i got two windsor and one GB in good shape.
100_1138.jpg

100_1145.jpg

100_1140.jpg

The chain brake don,t work on her the band isen,t broke the spring seem,s strong any word,s of wisdom on how to adjust it? Thank,s
Mike
ya sure got purdy feet in that photo ! lol

congradulation rattler a 181se was my first new saw
they are real cutting saws ,bought it in 1986,I had a firewood business and it never let me down
I still have it ,but the brake got bent then finaly broke off, have to use a Phillips head to reset it if it trips
I plan to get her back running ,I got to robbing parts off it for a couple of 288's I got , anyway I hope you enjoy it,
my only complaint was they didn't have compression releases,but a heck of a saw other than that.

Latest posts

Back