Husky 2100 part needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevenEstergreen

Reaction score
I need a SEM Type GA 1 ignition module for my 2100CD. The Husky part number is 501 67 57-01, which has been superseded by 501 83 19-01 (either will do). These parts were used in the 2100, 480, 480CD and 77 model saws. If you have a 2100 or 2100CD parts saw with working ignition, that would be even better. Especially if it has a working chain brake also.

Steve:

I see you need an ignition for your 2100CD. This gets brought up from time to time here on AS. I know you would also like a working chainbrake. Also tough to get. These are the two hardest things to find I think in the 2100 line. Great saw, VERY easy to work on, made for a long time, but ignitions don't last forever, well some do, but thise ignitions were prone to fail eventually.

I know this post is almost 7 years old, but I am basically bumping it to help keep people in tune with buying the venerable Husky 2100. I was new to this site, started wanting a huge saw, and could only afford the 2100. Bought one from someone up north mentioned last week on the chainsaw forum, and basically chased my tail for a year, before I got rid of it. It was a truly great saw in its day, but it's not easy finding one that hasn't been "Frankensawed", and for the fellow cheapskates out there, I vote for saving your money and buying something more modern.

I'm only posting this because I see someone asking about the 2100 again, and this problem has been on the forum since the beginning of this forum...

Jason

Last week discussing 2100 parts with a Baileys representative, he told me they have the complete chain brake for $87 and some change. That price is better than a used item off ebay.

Call Bailey's 1-800 number and ask for a complete chainbrake assembly. As far as the manufacturer is, I do not know. There were two style chain brakes, more than likely this is the style on 2101's.

Rather than spend the money I was able to find a used brake band locally.

I should have bought a lottery ticket that day! Anything older 1999 is considered ancient around the saw shops.

Cool beans on the thread bump, I loved my 2100, bought new in around '76 for cutting shake-blocks it was a monster worker for a 99cc and never missed a beat (we were cutting a lot of oldgrowth dead and down that was huge), it was however heavy by the end of the day :D
I posted this question on its own thread about ignition for an 1100CD, Boleclimber said the 2100 may be the same, anyone in the know confirm this?
Thanks,

:cheers:

Serge

I need a SEM Type GA 1 ignition module for my 2100CD. The Husky part number is 501 67 57-01, which has been superseded by 501 83 19-01 (either will do). These parts were used in the 2100, 480, 480CD and 77 model saws. If you have a 2100 or 2100CD parts saw with working ignition, that would be even better. Especially if it has a working chain brake also.

You can get these parts from Tony at Amick's his number is 1-336-672-1196 he will treat you right...

Latest posts

Back