Husky 254 cylinder swapping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plinker

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Husky 254G (Professional) that my Dad picked up for parts when he a had a Husky saw a few years ago.

Looks like something got into the cylinder from the muffler side & caused some scoring & mangled the top of the cylinder. Other than that & needing a coil (part my dad needed) It looks to be in pretty good shape.

What other models have piston and cylinder would fit this saw?

I found a 261 crankcase assembly at the local junkyard but the P&C was shot & case had some breaks on it but other parts were good (flywheel, oiler ete..).

Would a 262XP cylinder work? I know it's from the same family of saws as the 254.

Thanks

When using Husky parts a 254 head will bolt on a 262 but will not turn over, at least on the ones I have tried. They have the same stroke but the 262 has a longer connecting rod. A 154 head and some aftermarket heads may work.

When using Husky parts a 254 head will bolt on a 262 but will not turn over, at least on the ones I have tried. They have the same stroke but the 262 has a longer connecting rod. A 154 head and some aftermarket heads may work.

Very good info, as usual.....:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Back