Husky 335 fuel leak (or should I say flood)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lync

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
While fueling my 335 fuel started pouring out of the case, not the carb compartment. Pulled clutch cover , air filter, pull start ,and fuel cap. Refilled saw w/ gas no fuel around carb. and no leaks from fuel line exiting fuel tank. Inside tank looks like a plastic tube that leads to somewhere inside case. I looked at parts blow up and I,assume it is the vent checkvalve. Heres the question. Do I have to pull the motor from the case to get at it? looks like the carb sparkplug coil and av springs all have to come apart to push the motor out of the case. Anybody done this job before have advise.
P.S Cant wait till my 020 is out of the shop, carb issues.

Corey

Got to remove the engine to get at that tank breather, but you can drill a 10mm hole direct over the location thru the alloy plate that hides it, there's 2 restricters in the breather hose, they're some sort of porous synthetic, junk the small one, it strangles and starves the motor, sounds like there's neither in yours if it's pouring out there. Also drill 2 more holes in the muffler, one either side of the pitiful stock outlet. OK you might get some pretty hot plastic if you don't remove some from the cover, but hey, that plastic can handle direct exhaust heat amazingly well, and at least you don't get your fingers burnt, I'd say that slightly souped up 335'll give that 020 a fright

Thanks mate!! Its what I figured but wanted to hear it from someone whos been thee before. If I drill the hole I guess I could pull it out with a sharp wood screw driven into the center. Let you know how it works out.

Thanks corey

Back