Husky 335 XPT; 3D puzzle [ Chainoil problem ? ]

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan-Sietze

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have my 335 rebuild because the pump piston eats the sprocket...
This is probably due to aging of the biological chain oil, which then very thick and sticky.

View attachment 295209
(Most parts have been cleaned and are drying here)

Which chainoil is suitable for chainsaws which are not used much?
Maybe WD-40 or hydrolic oil?

I believe bar and chain oil is your best bet. Bar oil isn't gonna hurt anything, how long is the saw sitting for in between uses?

Last edited:
View attachment 295763

This plastic worm wheel is ruined when the oil pump is stuck.
This is now the second gear which has been broken ...

I now have renewed the pump itself to avoid the problem.
And of course a new worm wheel is placed...

Anything EPA approved isn't good for anything

Well, to be fair, he is in Euope, and it might be a requirement where he is cutting to run biodegradeable oil. They have many more centuries of intense human use of environment on large scales to look at to develop their policies.

I am not totally against the EPA, just some of their more extreme policies that rest on shaky science, or play fatcat billionare favorites such as highly restricted two strokes while almost completely ignoring oceans of bunker fuel to be burnt. One cargo ship delivery must dwarf all the chainsaw pollutants. I can't prove that, butttttttt..its gonna be close....but, billionaires profits runthis, nation, that's, so I will just leave it that.

Gave my suggestion to the OP, don't want to sidetrack the thread. EPA has nothing to do with his problem. unsubscribing

I am having chain oil issues with my 339 too, i just put in the oil pumps new parts and the damn thing would not pump a s-it...well....year ago actually, and i gotfed up with the saw, but as this is thread of a similar saw, ill be lurking this too.

Back