Husky 350 Air Leak/bearing question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggie 2012

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Howdy gents

I've got a husky 350 that has an obvious sir leak. When I crank it up it revs to half throttle.

Pressure tested and doyens it leaking from the fly wheel side bearing/seal.

After disassembly i have found that these seals and bearings are manufactured together.

But look at these bearings and tell me if this might be my problem. (Ball bearings are exposed on one and covered on the other)

The bearing on top came from the side that was leaking.
Is it missing the inside seal and could this have cause my air leak?
Also,
Where did the rest of this seal go?

Thanks for your help
eef4020c362f7785c29214cbbce156d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats not a seal on the bottom one, just the cage for the balls. Top one just has a different type of bearing cage. I THINK you can get the seal seperate from that bearing, but im not 100% on that. I believe its proprietary so you have to get it from husky.

Thanks for yalls input. Is it common for the air leak to occur around the outer part of this seal? I have had it apart before but maybe I assembled it wrong?

Thank you Harley.

Brad,
What your saying is just replace both bearing and seal as one?

Just need to know what I should order to fix my air leak.

If you don't think I should tamper with pulling the seal/bearing apart I might should just buy both together?

Thank you Harley.

Brad,
What your saying is just replace both bearing and seal as one?

Just need to know what I should order to fix my air leak.

If you don't think I should tamper with pulling the seal/bearing apart I might should just buy both together?

Yes, they are generally replaced as a unit. However, if the bearing is good and it's only leaking around the outermost OD of the bearing/seal, then I would re-assemble with a coat of sealant. Use something like ThreeBond 1194, Yamabond, Permatex MotoSeal, Loctite 518.....

Okay thank you sir.
I have been sealing the riser with yamabond #4 so I will apply some to the outer part and let y'all know how I come out.

I sure appreciate everyone's help

It looks like the bearing seal should be on the hidden side, looks like the inner race shoulder is different on that side
anyway, might have something to do with it. Besides the shield shouldn't be facing the crankcase side anyway, since it needs lube.

Can I ask another question?

Is it normal to have to put sealant on the crank seals during re assembly?
I guess what I am asking is should I do this every time I split and rebuild a saw. (Not just this one)

Latest posts

Back