Husky 350 gas tank vent leaks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TractorPoikka

Reaction score
I'd like some advice on how to repair a leaking gas tank vent on my Husky 350. I have a 2007 that I really like. The problem is the original vent started leaking and I just bought a replacement vent and it's so loose that it falls out just by turning the saw upside down. The new vent appears to be slightly undersized compared to the original. I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same type of problem.
Thanks so much for your help.

Clean and dry the vent and tank, then install with a little silicon gasket sealer.

I have the same year saw same problem. When I put the new tank vent in I used a sealant called Seal All.

Silicone is not fuel proof. You'll have to use something like Threebond 1194 or Permatex Motoseal. There are others as well.

Forgot that it's not silicon, thanks! Sorry about the incorrect information. Here's what I've used that worked for a year and still OK.

Permatex MotoSeal® 1 Ultimate Gasket Maker Grey
For two and four cycle engines. Solvent-based bond fully seals within 20 minutes. Forms a tough flexible bond that is highly effective on irregular and uneven joint surfaces. Ideal for use on frequently disassembled engines. Resists gasoline and other damaging fluids. Withstands temperatures 350°F (177°C) continuous, 400°F (204°C) intermittent.

350 Husky gas tank vent leak fixed

Thanks very much for the great suggestions.
I happened to have some Permatex Aviation Sealant left over from replacing my 6.9 IH diesel water pump and used that to seal/secure the tank vent in place. So far it's working. If it leaks again I'll try that Permatex Moto Seal gasket maker for sure.
Originally I thought the tank vent itself was leaking and bought a new tank vent. ($10 + change) I installed the original tank vent after seeing how easy it was to pull it out of the tank. The odd thing is the new tank vent is really loose compared to the original. Putting some gasket maker on that would for sure seal it up nicely though.
Nice to have the saw not leaking again. Though I was really thinking about trying out a Dolmar PS420 or PS5100.
Thanks so much for all your help!

My 2005 350 just started leaking gas, after it sits for a day or 2 I have a small puddle or gas stain underneath it. I can't really tell where it is leaking. The vent would be my first guess. Is there a good way to test it?

Latest posts

Back