Husky 350 P&C kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Going to put a new P&C on my newly acquired 350. Choice is between the Meteor kit and the Kafar kit. Read some really old posts on the Kafar kit and for the most part they were fine except for the circlips. The Kafar kit is quite a bit cheaper than the Meteor and wonder if anyone has recently used it and if the circlip issue has been improved. Not that I wouldn't spring for oem circlips however. Don't quote me but I believe they are both 44.3 cc.

Have you considered getting a used OEM replacement? I picked one up from a member here and got a perfectly fine piston, cylinder and cir clips.

The meteor kit would be my choice. It comes with quality components.

The other kit is cheaper for a reason. Add a caber ring, new circlips, shipping for those items...your savings have decreased.

If it was me, it'd be pretty pointless to buy anything at 42mm at this point. You can get the kafar kit in 44.3 and the 3r kit in 44.3 ... both are lookalikes of the 346xp oem.... both will run around $100 or so. If you want to get more fancy, spike60 sells the oem 346xp kit for around $200 I think.... in 44.3mm.

you can get 45mm hyway (weedeaterman) kit also... for around $100. old cat makes the argument that essentially can get an oem 45mm 350 cyl for around $75 used, then maybe add a 45mm meteor piston.... bang for buck this might be best. The meteor kit at $175 is too rich for me....if i was going to spend that kind of money I'd opt for the the spike60 option...and do an oem 346xp cyl.

frankly, I've used $40 farmertec kits that seem to work fine... I've also used the 45mm hyway kit, 3r kit, oem 45mm w/ meteor, and 44mm oem open port...they all work. lots of options, just depends on how much $$ you want to spend and what kind of performance you expect

Usually but not always, if you want low compression, buy AM.
If you want high compression and performance PLUS quality, buy OEM.

Interesting thread Bob. There is a 350 2 towns over. Priced at $180 or bro. Seemed like a descent price but after some research it's about what they go for or even a bit more. I know it's a good saw. For the right price I'd get one.

Keep in mind most 350s need to be fully gone through and updated otherwise they grenade due to air leaks... the bearing cap / base adapters need to be resealed ... that and the plastic intake clamp needs to be upgraded to metal...

plus, the mufflers have a tendency to fall off so the muffler bolts need to be put on w/ red loctite...

if you can find a saw that has been gone through like this for $180 then its a deal for sure... otherwise better get it cheaper....

Keep in mind most 350s need to be fully gone through and updated otherwise they grenade due to air leaks... the bearing cap / base adapters need to be resealed ... that and the plastic intake clamp needs to be upgraded to metal...

plus, the mufflers have a tendency to fall off so the muffler bolts need to be put on w/ red loctite...

if you can find a saw that has been gone through like this for $180 then its a deal for sure... otherwise better get it cheaper....
Yea, I've completely torn down the saw. Ordered new bearings and seals. Have some extra 346 parts so I have the intake boots and new metal style clamps. Just need a P&C.

Interesting thread Bob. There is a 350 2 towns over. Priced at $180 or bro. Seemed like a descent price but after some research it's about what they go for or even a bit more. I know it's a good saw. For the right price I'd get one.
Joe, I'm doing this as a test of sorts. It won't see heavy use and I already have a Neal Murphy 346 and 357. Curious to see how it will cut. Reassemble sans base gasket and muff mod and that's about it. I'm tending towards the Kafar kit at around $87. Other options will go for $100 or more($ not the issue) and I'm not sure I'll see a big perf. Diff.

Back