Husky 350 saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treesrgreat

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought a new 350 Husky with 18" bar over 2 years ago. Runs great, no problems. Always use Husky 2 cycle oil in it. How do I know when the bar needs replaced? I flip it when I put on a sharp chain and grease rotary wheel each fuel fill.
I see .325 bar and a 3/8 bar availiable. Not sure what mine is.
Does brand matter? Husky, Carlton, Oregon etc? Many to choose from I see.
I recently replaced the clutch drum with a new one that has the rim drive. The other one was just the star drive and wore thru. How long do the rims last? Should I have one one hand as a spare?
Thanks.

A lot of this depends on your cutting conditions. Generally when the groove in the bar gets so wide it can't be closed, or the groove gets worn down enough so there is not enough room left for the drivers, damage to the tip(if it is not replaceable), bar gets bent. Making sure your oiler is working well, and the rails are dressed on the bar can go a long. I believe most of the Husky bars are Oregon. Any of the brands you listed will work well.

Husky 350s are great little saws. All of the 350s I have seen came factory with an .325 Oregon narrow kerf bar. The bar should have some numbers and a narrow kerf symbol stamped into the side near the bar mount slots. You can use any bar with husky small mount on the saw but I would stick to .325.
If you take good care of a bar (flip often, files off burrs and dress the rails) you can run the bar till it no longer cuts straight or the chain keeps flying off. Having an extra rim around is never a bad thing. Replace the rim when they get good and worn. They actually have small groves that show the depth of wear and when it is time to toss them but they are cheap. Oregons website has a decent picture. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back