Husky 359 running issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl025

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Long story short. Tree service guy I know has a Husky 359 that he has had nothing but problems with. He complains that it starts right up when cold, but when it is warm, it doesn't want to restart. He can pull on it for days, and can't get it restarted. I was there the last time it happened, and the saw was freshly hot, and we had to use the choke to get it started again. It runs fine at idle, low speed and full throttle, but has a "cough" at mid-speed. It wants to bog through the mid-range.

Any ideas?

My 55 does the same thing when it is hot out. Once its running it is fine. But to get it started in hot weather, I have to choke it when the saw warms up. I just don't run it in hot weather

when was the saw tuned and cleaned last?

That, I am not sure of. I just put in a new, plug, replaced the plastic on/off switch, and put in a new starter cord (he broke it trying to start it). Next time I see him, I am going to take apart the carb and clean it, check hoses, etc. The saw is only a year old.

Oh, ya. Geen fuel cap!!!

Last edited:
maintance is the key to any good running saw. sounds like he does none on his, fill it up and go, and when it does not run, it is the saws fault not his.

Hmm,could be few things.If you add few drops of gas with the air filter removed,does she start right away?Could be a worn piston and ring.Or the ignition going bad.

saw help

when it starts acting up remove muffler an see it starts. if it is a etech pull the muffler and cut the outlet tube. the outlet tube with a 3/4" piece remove will help. muffler mods will really wake up those etech sawz by letting the saw breath:rock:

Latest posts

Back