Husky 36 problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccfr63

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok here's the deal: I have a Husky 36 that I was using a year ago and it started leaking fuel and quit running. Got it home and found that the fuel line had rotted apart. I replaced the line and rebuilt the carb (fuel went bad while it was sitting.). Got it back together and it won't run right. It will only run on full choke, as soon as I hit the throttle it dies. So...I rebuilt the carb again and still no luck. Any ideas?

Pull the carb off and check the intake boot as well as that grommet on the impulse tube. That plastic bulkhead gets stripped with repeated carb removals.

You can get the workshop manual from a link I just posted in a 262 thread.

probably the line is to tite in the tank. or its pinched somewhere. normally I have to take the tank off and drill the hole or file it with a chain saw file so I doesn't bind or pinch. if that's not it try cranking the low jet out some more and crank up the idle screw to see if that works to get more fuel in there

Well I checked the fuel line and it wasn't kinked, and I pulled the intake boot off and cleaned the impulse line and grommet. I opened the high and low screws up to 1 1/2 turns and it will start and run at a really high idle but it still wants to fall on it's face when I open up the throttle. The carbs screws are supposed to be 1 turn out correct? Anyway, I'm thinking of trying a new carb and seeing where that takes me. Any other advice would be welcome though.

check the muffler make sure the muffler is not plugged up take out the spark arrester screen. check the compression should still rev up at 100psi, also I have had carbs on these saws have to be turned out along ways to run right try the low at about 2 turns out and and the high at at 1 1/2 turns out, if this don't do it keep playing with the carb settings a little at a time in and out just don't go in any further than 1 turn out on H. Did you take out the jet screws and clean it all out with carb cleaner when you rebuilt the carb? if not do it and then set carb

Did you change the filter? Is the metering lever set at the correct height for that carb? Perchance did you use compressed air to clean the carb out (not recommended), or just carb spray? The little screens in there correct and clean?

When you put the carb back together, did you get everything in correct sequence? Was the diaphragm still flexible and not torn?

Just some things to check.

Do you have a pressure and vac tester? If so test the carb and the fuel line and tank. When you popoff test the carb check it in a tank looking for bubbles. If not see if you can borrow a known good carb.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

Back