Husky 365 chain loosening?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axmen365

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My husky 365's chain keeps on loosening. I'm pretty sure its a bad tension screw but I wanted to get your thoughts before I started throwing parts at it. The screw is slightly bent, i'm not sure how that would cause it to loose?? Its not getting much oil either but I assume that's related to the chain being so loose; or the chain getting loose by a lack of oil?

So has this happened to any of you before? Is this more than a tension screw?

Could be the chain is one driver too long and not mating with the oil slots properly. A dry chain will alternately stretch and tighten.
Gypo

If your tensionner bolt is still in one piece,you are ok even being bent a bit.Could be your chain not receiving not enough oil, loose in the chain rivets,a badly worn rim,your blade tip could be done too.

I would try tightening the clutch cover nuts a bit more. It is my understanding the bolt is just to set initial tension and the nuts keep it in place.

I would try tightening the clutch cover nuts a bit more. It is my understanding the bolt is just to set initial tension and the nuts keep it in place.

:agree2:

The saws tensioner is to SET the chain tension then the bar studs and nuts take over to keep it in place.. If it is loosening up make sure its not chain stretch and your nuts are tight. Also make sure your using the correct bar that makes proper contact with the bar clamping area.

Scott

I tried that thinking they weren't tight enough but it still loosened up.

:agree2:

The saws tensioner is to SET the chain tension then the bar studs and nuts take over to keep it in place.. If it is loosening up make sure its not chain stretch and your nuts are tight. Also make sure your using the correct bar that makes proper contact with the bar clamping area.

Scott

its the right bar.

Could be the chain is one driver too long and not mating with the oil slots properly. A dry chain will alternately stretch and tighten.
Gypo

Yep!! that was it. I put on an old chain and it didn't loosen up. gee thanx

Back