Husky 372 Antivibe Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ky-homelite

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got a quick question. I just picked up a 372 and was looking the saw over to clean it up a little bit. Under the clutch cover, behind the clutch toward the tank is a screw that goes from the case into a recessed place in the gas tank. Is there supposed to be a rubber anti-vibe mount located there? I've looked over some IPL's and cannot see one listed in this location. It just seems odd that there would be a screw there unless it was supposed to be going into an anti-vibe mount. I hope Brncrepper doesn't get mad, but I'm borrowing a picture of his new saw so I can circle the area where the screw is located as I have no digital camera in order to take a picture of my own.

Can anyone tell me whether there is supposed to be a rubber vibe mount there? If not, what is the purpose of the screw going through the case into the recessed area on the tank?

Thanks in advance.

That screw is basically a limiter. It will let the antivibe work, but if you start to pull on the saw if it is stuck (which you shouldn't do) that screw will only let the handle flex so much. There's one on the other side too.

That screw is basically a limiter. It will let the antivibe work, but if you start to pull on the saw if it is stuck (which you shouldn't do) that screw will only let the handle flex so much. There's one on the other side too.

100% right on that. i had a 372 for a bit myself. after i got it i took it all apart and cleaned it all up. i noticed that empty hole with the screw leading to no where also. i looked into it and got mixed ideas on what it was for. so i made up a piece to fit into the hole, so the screw would be supported. after i did that when i ran the saw it gave a wicked vibration. when i took the piece i made up it was fine again.
its definatly a flex limiter for the handle no doubt.

That limiter will actually give you viration buz in the trigger handle. It lets you know your on the dogs too much, or your mounts are getting played out.

Latest posts

Back