Husky 372xp or Stihl ms441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello I previously had a 441 and sold it and got the 372XP to replace it.since having both I prefer the 372.Its lighter and handles better.And i used to think they had no lower end power,I was wrong it has every bit as much
as the 441,and has more top end than the 441.It start 3 times easier.
I do notice the 372 is louder,but maybe because its a non epa saw.
They are pretty much even on AV.Build quality is pretty much equal.
But since having both I prefer the 372 and yes it will outcut the 441
not by much but it will outcut it

Welcome back! :)

hello I previously had a 441 and sold it and got the 372XP to replace it.since having both I prefer the 372.Its lighter and handles better.And i used to think they had no lower end power,I was wrong it has every bit as much

Stan,

Welcome!

Oh, how many minutes you have on each saw?

Joat

I know there are witness marks on the screwdrivers, they are not used by anyone who really knows how to tune a saw. See above.

Both hands? You are lost....

Put on weight?? Do a search and see how many members retrofit Elastostart handles to non-Stihl saws. If this feature was on the Husqvarna you would be crowing like a Cock on a barn roof over it!!! Preventing shock transmission to the wrist is way more important than the .15 ounce weight difference.

I asked you to explain the square handle and you tried, but failed. Both hands have to rotate, so either way Husky is wrong.

The Pros cashed you out on your 2 million tree claim...dont make me quote the beating you took on that...I actually felt sorry for you and the beating you took.

I'll say it again...If all these Husky features are so important you screwed yourself by not getting the saw earlier.

I know the 576 will be a fine saw...they are all fine saws...you are the moron trying to act like they are not!!!!

Happy Sawing!!!:)

Got a little time here before my daughter goes to her 1st day of kindergarten and off to work I go.
_ As my saws get A few hours [alot] on them I like to turn the high & low screws all the way in and then back them off to roughly where they should be [ 1 turn, 3/4 turn] you have to admit Tzed that witness mark comes in handy. Then with both hands on saw WOT, if no bog from the bottom then your low is fine. Now I can set my H , listen for that barely audible breaktone ,fine line here. Not smooth screaming and not breaking a bit . Let off, and try the wot again ,if no bog saw should be fine.
_ Yeah the Elastostart would be a good idea when they get rid of the offset T and go to a even T design.
_ On the 2 million tree claim I stand by what I say, and I didn't take a beating , re read that thread . If I wasn't in my busy tree season that thread would have been alot shorter , like this one too.
_ I tried to explain that square handle thing and you don't get it. Figuring your a machinist I thought you might under stand some physics. Here try this : Leverage. You Moron.

Went from a 660 to a 372? LOL

Why take the 372 over a 441?:confused:

Friday I got to watch a NE576 run.....Or they tried to run it.....After ten pulls with the choke on and no pop the guy figured out forgot the kill switch......Never did get to see it run....Oh well theres always next time..

_I don't feel no bind , what I stirred up here is better then talking about Scottish whisky or who bends over and who does the poking. Come on that was pretty bad. I only did you a favor by keeping this thread going talking about saws only.
_About your picture of the 372 rope hanging out of the handle ,that really looks phoney to me , why would I bother commenting on that . The picture of the oil hole, You keep that saw just to use as a sales pitch to sell more Stihl saws. You even admited later that it is only one of millions of saws.
_ The picture of the 2 saws , left and right carb settings. LOL, what does that prove? The real proof is what I have already explained.
_ The picture of the 441 spring ,thats the exact reason the Stihls are getting heavier . I have never heard of a broken spring on a Husky from my Husky friends.
_ I got a shed full of old Jonsereds, Stihls . Never bothered to count them all, even got a Sachs Dolmar rotary in there somewhere. My 8 saws in my signature are my best condition saws .Even the Yamaha YZ 125 hotsaw which I built 25 yrs ago ,in 1983 is on my sig. Its not used for work of course ,only for competition. I have been competiting in timbersports for over 30 years and I have made friends with the best in the world ,so I know my saws.
_ Yeah I tried a Dolmar years ago. A Sachs Dolmar 123. Cut like crazy,even very light and not bad for ergonomics, but was really hard on fuel and vibrated apart . I'm told the new Dolmars are much the same.
_ Be honest ,the only guys taking issue with me are Stihlheads.
_ In the ring ? Man you really are a crazy. Speaking of moral fibre you sure brung that fibre up with your boyfriend when you offered him the Raison Bran.

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Homie you tickle me. So the rope job is a phony, right. It is what it is and thats how it came out the box. I commented on that rope long before you ever came on this site. Seems to me anything that doesn't suit your position you write off as phony or done on purpose. You should get into politics Homie, BS works pretty good in that arena,hehe

Ya never seen a broken spring mount on a Husky, really, you should get around more. Its quite common. Not a big deal but as Hart Tree Service told me its hard to saw with a saw flopping in the handle frame. He solved that problem, I helped him fill his truck with Stihls, oh my Homie you aren't the only one who has switch camps,my my.

The reason the only guys taking issue with you are the Stihl guys is because the Husky cheerleaders can't bring themselves to admit your a idiot promoting their choice of saws the way your doing it. Sad but true. All these things you have pointed out are what they are, a big joke. I'm getting a good laff out of em and if your cool becoming the laffing stock on here thats fine with me. The extra weight of the Elasco handle was a good one Homie, you had me rolling on that one. The sharper dogs was a funny one too. You prefer the screwdriver on the left but you need that gauge to use it do ya, after 2 million trees I figure you be past needing the screwdriver gauge,LOL

Homie you say you love this thread and thats good. You are a big part of it and we're glad to have ya here. We welcome your input, no matter how silly it is we still welcome it. Before I go I do have one suggestion for ya and a few facts.

The suggestion is you stay away from Rasin Bran and get on a large diet of E-lax, obvious to me you have a major back up and spilling it on this thread will not relieve you fast enuff, get E-lax and gettttttttter done Homie.

The facts I'm gonna point out to ya may be due to those write ups of yours. If I was Husky I would try hard to keep you quite. Why, well Stihl is having their best year ever. July was the best month in the company history. Another banner year. Lets see how Husky is doing this year. Now you can't call this phony because its coming from Huskies own website, lets have a look see here Homie:

18 July, 2008 08:00
Interim report January-June 2008
Net sales for the first half year decreased by 4% to SEK 20,386m (21,262). Excluding acquisitions, net sales decreased by 12% and by 7% in comparable currencies.
Operating income decreased by 8% to SEK 2,523 m (2,742). Excluding acquisitions, operating income decreased by 17% in comparable currencies.
Income for the period decreased to SEK 1,563m (1,683), corresponding to SEK 4.06 (4.36) per share.
Net sales for the second quarter decreased by 14% to SEK 10,343m (12,048) and operating income by 25% to SEK 1,321m (1,758).
The decline in net sales and operating income is due mainly to considerably lower shipments for Consumer Products in North America, which decreased in line with overall industry shipments.

Homie it do appear all those fine points you pointed out aren't helping sales at all. I told you to try another approach, wink!

Why, well Stihl is having their best year ever. July was the best month in the company history. Another banner year.

Hey Tommy,

Can we get that in some sort of "official" format? Something subject to third-party audit according to GAAP? You've provided that format from Husqvarna, but you've only presented anectodal evidence of Stihl's sales for Q1 & Q2.

Thanks Tommy! :clap:

Sincerely,
Woodie

Hey Tommy,

Can we get that in some sort of "official" format? Something subject to third-party audit according to GAAP? You've provided that format from Husqvarna, but you've only presented anectodal evidence of Stihl's sales for Q1 & Q2.

Sincerely,
Woodie

Sorry Woodie, a family owned company doesn't have to answer to any stockholders. Unfortantly those that do have to post results, looks like someone is having a bad year huh Woodie, man they miss those online sales don't they,LOL It could be Homie's write ups of BS causing that decline in sales, get him Woodie, he's sinking your big red boat,LOLOLOL

Sorry Woodie, a family owned company doesn't have to answer to any stockholders.

So in other words, you can't back-up your claim that Stihl is having their best year ever? You can't supply us with any evidence? Nothing independently verified?

p.s. We need the numbers adjusted for foreign-exchange rates, too.

So in other words, you can't back-up your claim that Stihl is having their best year ever? You can't supply us with any evidence? Nothing independently verified?

Uhhhhhhhhhhh Woodie excuses won't change the facts that were posted by Husky. You can spin it anyway you like, they are having a ruff year.

I don't need to back up Stihls claim, you have to dispute it with proof, can you??,hehe

Last edited:
Hey Tommy,

Sincerely,
Woodie

Woodie,

What? Is Tommie now your CPA? You can't seem to do anything without him!

Tommie,

Stick to the knitting. Sell and service those creamsicles. You're the champ at that. Don't let ole Woodie sidetrack you.

Joat

Woodie,

What? Is Tommie now your CPA? You can't seem to do anything without him!

Tommie,

Stick to the knitting. Sell and service those creamsicles. You're the champ at that. Don't let ole Woodie sidetrack you.

Joat

LOLOL, Joat I can't help it if I love the Husky website,LOLOL

Latest posts

Back