Husky 372XPG VS. Husky 575XPG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCC

Reaction score
Hi there, i'm new to the forum. i'm a faller in the interior of BC.

My question is about husky's new saw, i've heard alot of criticism about it's poor power to weight compared to the 372 (as well as just about anything out there).
my dealer lent me a demo 575 and i thought it went through wood like butter.
i'm just curious to see what you boys think of the new kid on the block

connor

ccc
the jury is still out on the 575. there are a few guy's here that like it, but most won't even try it to give it a chance. the 372 was such star of the husky line up alot of us have new ones stashed away. in stock or modded form the 372 is hard to beat. jonsered will be making the 2171 until 2007, basicly the same saw. the dolmar 7900 might be another option, mine is getting modded now so i cant comment on them yet but alot of guys really like them.

if your happy the way the 575 ran then give it shot and let us know how it holds up.

Good Luck on this thread. I've run Husky's professionally for years. I gave my opinion on the good merits of the new 575 and caught nothing but hell for it.
Your best bet is talk with fellers that have used the saws. Here it seems it's just he said/ she said. Or, perhaps, I'm just intimidating lil' fellers with my big hairy balls. Har Har Har!!!!!! I don't give a rat's ass, or a big dogs right hind leg. I'll run what I want and I really like the new 575.

I like mine (so far). I’ve left mine stock because I’ve read that muffler mods have little improvement.
Two things that I have noticed about the new saw is of course the mid range power. It feels like their is not much power on top, but rather on the mid range rpms.
The other thing is the new engine damper with the hard stop. You notice this when pulling hard on the handle during a cut, when the hard stop is hit the vibration is like running into a nail.:dizzy:

I have had my 575xp for a few months, milled about 10000 bf of various woods and it has been nothing but a blessing for me even with a 42". I have had no problems with it, and i dont know what everyone is talking about cant start in the cold!!! My buddy and I cut 2000 bf of oak in 18" of snow, our pant legs were frozen up to our knees and molded to our boots. Saw started on the 3rd pull that is no joke!

I know nothing of it but have the 372 My only concern is when a new modle comes out: how will it hold up? so i let the others use them and go from there. If you were fortunate enough to use it and like it buy it. (only concern is longevity) A lot of people told me that the mac 650 and jred 621 were a whim they sold a lot of them and i used them for years commercially they worked for me but not eveybody (yes that goes back 30 years) i still have them and some say you would be lucky if it cut a truckload of logs brand new. let alone one a day good luck :cheers:

the only thing as sure as constant change is that that change will be resisted .....
so nothing ever stays the same. but i do know why some guys didnt like the
idea of an unproven saw replaceing there favorite saw.the 372 is just a proven value.one of my favorite saws

Couldn't agree more!

jp hallman said:
Good Luck on this thread. I've run Husky's professionally for years. I gave my opinion on the good merits of the new 575 and caught nothing but hell for it.
Your best bet is talk with fellers that have used the saws. Here it seems it's just he said/ she said. Or, perhaps, I'm just intimidating lil' fellers with my big hairy balls. Har Har Har!!!!!! I don't give a rat's ass, or a big dogs right hind leg. I'll run what I want and I really like the new 575.

The new 575XP and 372XP would eat any 044/440 or 046/460 I've ran for lunch, and ask for seconds. Excellent saw, the 575. I flip a coin each morning to see what I'll be falling with, my 372XP, or the 575XP. I don't want them getting jealous of each other:cry: Either way, I win. Also, I never find my Husky's sitting by the landing fire in the winter not wanting to start, when the rest of the crew have either melted their Stihl's on the skidder exhaust or have chucked them in the fire and headed to the Husky dealer. Excellent cold weather saw, the Husky.

Ten degrees below zero and running like a champ!

ws58749 said:
I have had my 575xp for a few months, milled about 10000 bf of various woods and it has been nothing but a blessing for me even with a 42". I have had no problems with it, and i dont know what everyone is talking about cant start in the cold!!! My buddy and I cut 2000 bf of oak in 18" of snow, our pant legs were frozen up to our knees and molded to our boots. Saw started on the 3rd pull that is no joke!

Where I'm from, the biggest critique of the Stihl (by fellow loggers) has been their poor starting ability in extreme cold. I only run Husky's for logging though so I wouldn't know:hmm3grin2orange: Hey JP, does it get pretty cold down there near Bend in the winter?

Funny thing about the 575 weight is that when anyone takes one off the rack with one hand, they all comment on how it weighs more, but when they hold it with two hands, as if they are cutting, they all say that it feels great, since it is so well balanced. Nearly everyone who has bought one says that it has more power than the 372. Had one bearing failure on an early model, but absolutely no problems since then.

Another funny thing is that when a guy wants to see what's new about the 575 and looks at all of those new parts under the top cover, he often buys the 2171 Jonny.

About the cold weather stuff, they START right up, but take longer to WARM up.

Latest posts

Back