• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husky 385xpg builder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Landmark

Landmark

Chainsaw Enthusiast
IMG_2217.JPG IMG_2218.JPG IMG_2219.JPG IMG_2220.JPG IMG_2221.JPG Up for sell is my 385xpg. I been working on it this year and have decided to let someone else have a turn at it. When I got it, it needed some wires replaced that go to the heated handles and needed the top handle, filter cover and few odds and ends. Also put a new meteor piston in it and cleaned the cylinder. Got it running and tested the handles with test light and they were juiced going and coming. The saw would run good and then shut off after about 5 mins. I switched the coil and same deal. When I tried to fire it up the other day I found it has a scored piston. I am not planning of fixing this and have other projects I want to work on. I would guess this saw needs a cylinder, piston, and possibly seals to fix it. Would like to get 325.00 plus shipping to lower 48. PHO no bar or chain with this one.

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
Question...
When you replaced the coil, was it with a G coil ?
And for the rest of y'all, would that make a difference ?

most all coils on the 3 series husky's are interchangeable. no difference between the G models BUT that 385 being an 07 would have came with a blue coil limited to 13k while the 371 coil is unlimited if it was the original to the saw.

angelo c
I used a coil off a 371 and I am not sure the model coil they came with. I think a seal was the culprit in this saws issues.

Don't think "seal" would be an "intermittent" issue. seals usually wipe it out( like it ultimately did. )

thanks Shane.

Aaron, weren't you looking for a 385 a while back... ?

Latest posts