Husky 394 chain always gets loose

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriklane

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
New chain about 6 mos. ago. Always gets real loose when I cut, loose enough to cause it to fall off. No idea why , but I doubt that it's stretching that much. The white nylon bushing or whatever on the sprocket cover-if that's worn, could that do it? I always tighten it very tight....

finger tighten the bar nuts and then place the bar tip on a log or something that won't damage the cutters and then lift up on the saw by the grip - then tighten bar nuts. The bar should be in a slight upward angle and the chain should stay tight.

the white bushing your talking about. thats not the spacer that your supposed to throw away when you pull the saw out of the box, is it? that would be funny...

if non of the other suggestions work, something is stopping your CB cover from tightening up.

stk

Sounds like your adjuster might be broken.My 394 broke while milling last winter and the chain loosened right up.When i turned the saw over to look at it the adjuster bolt came right out of the saw in my hand.I replaced it with a new one and haven't had a problem since.:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back