Husky 394 oil vent tube question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriklane

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Noticed that my oil vent tube was not in place. The one end goes into the vent hole via the little metal end. Where does the other end go or attach to? It appears to not connect to anything.

oil tube

Your reply isn't helpful-the tube is a vent, and it has a little metal end that goes into a hole that is on the bar side. This tube simply sits in the oil compartment. It doesn't connect to anything. Seems strange, but I guess it's just a vent?

All I meant to say was your statement 'One hole is a vent, the other goes to the oil pump' is incorrect. The other end is open; the tube simply hangs in space in the oil compartment. My confusion is that this design means that oil in the comp. can leak out the air tube, and I don't understand how a straight tube, that goes horizontally from the bar side vent is a 'vent'. Seems the other end would connect to something, or in some way limit the oil leaking. The design is crude and prone to leaks. It's so simple and fairly poorly designed that I can't almost believe it's made that way on purpose. Not meaning to be brisk with you...sorry if you took it wrong.

I've got one, thank you. Now what I do is to fill it right before I use it. I used to fill them after use so I could just grab and go...not anymore.

Back