Husky 40 throttle cable hookup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennyW in CT

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Older Model, 1980's. Can't figure out how the crimped on brass Z-piece on the end of the cable goes on the WT 170 carb. All the combo's I've tried do not allow full throttle. Anyone have a pic.? Thanks, Kenny

Check the routing of the cable and make sure you have the bare end over the channel it fits in....rather difficult to explain but when you see it you will understand

Thanks Swannie,

Hooked it back up, turned out each mixture screw 1-1/2 turns, she fired up on the first pull! Then I found out the kill switch terminal was busted and had to add a new eyelet connector.
Does the vent hose make a loop and clip into the air filter housing where the 2 cutouts are? It looks natural in there so that's where I put it.

Kenny in SW CT

I agree it's a nice little saw, a buddy of mine picked it up at a yard sale dirt cheap, it was a mess filled with sawdust, etc. All I did was a complete carb cleaning and rebuild, added a new recoil spring assembly, and now she's a runner. Only thing I wish was easier was the accessiblility of the RH side carb attaching screw. A real pita to get on and tightened with the handle on. Now I have to look at a 372XP with a scored cylinder. What to do with that? I hear it's a great say, has a 24 inch bar on it too. Thanks for all the help, this is a great site, now I'm hooked on 2 strokes! Kenny

Cable

Older Model, 1980's. Can't figure out how the crimped on brass Z-piece on the end of the cable goes on the WT 170 carb. All the combo's I've tried do not allow full throttle. Anyone have a pic.? Thanks, Kenny

Pest had it right.Also where the cable hooks around the guide.is an adjuster screw on some of these saws that may need adjusting.Not sure if I'm right on this one,so getting my old Nam flac jacket on,cuz I know some thing is gonna come my way!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back