Husky 41 Part Removal Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am replacing the oiler pump assembly on a vintage Husqvarna 41 that runs strong but will not oil the bar. Looks like the plastic pinion (part F below) that connects to the gear (part G) on the drive shaft is heavily stripped and not turning. That's easy to replace, but I am having trouble figuring out how to replace the hose (part A) that goes into the oil tank. Here's the part diagram:
1715967165133.png
Part C comes off easily but part A that goes into the tank is rather tightly stuck to the frame. I think I should replace that as well, even though it may not be clogged. Any suggestion on how to remove it without ruining it? TIA.

BTW, I have started and run the saw with the bar and cover removed and no oil reaches the slot D that part C connects to.

My second attempt worked. I used a tune-up screwdriver to get it started and a medium flat-blade screwdriver to finish the removal. It looks good. There is a coil spring on the end of part A that looks to be OEM. Nothing clogged up, so I'll install the other new parts in the kit. The outer cover, Part E, was completely packed with grime and I will be replacing it also. I welcome any other tips or advice from those who have worked on these saws. This is the first thing that's ever gone bad on this model, and it did cause a complete shut down because no saw runs well with no bar oiling.

Thanks, Mark. I have checked the pickup line (part A) in my Husky 41 and it's clean. The plastic pinion gear (shown as part F) is badly stripped and I suspect not turning enough to send bar oil through part B. It may not be turning at all. Twenty years or so of use wore it out. Unfortunately, you cannot see it not moving with the engine running because the plastic cover (part E) is jet black like yours.

Back