Husky 440 won't cut.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vangellis

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I picked this up today and can't find out what the problem is?

It just doesn't seem to cut at all.:dizzy:

Dull chain? Wrong oil?

ToySaw.jpg

Kevin

You need to do a speaker mod. Drill out the tiny speaker holes and replace the AA batteries with D batteries. :chainsaw:

Gee, I'll have to try some of those suggestions.:)

I picked up a 346 XP on monday, but left the manual at the dealers. (My wife says on purpose).
Today I stopped by to pick it up. I had seen the toy one on monday so thought I'd get one for chits and giggles. Besides, it's for the grandchildren.

Of course I don't have any and don't see any in the foreseeable future, but what the hey!

Oh well, guess I'll have to cut with the other saw.

346xp1.jpg

Kevin

It looks like a good saw. Swap out the piston, coil, spark plug and air filter, and it should start right up. Probably cost under $10 for the whole deal.

Depth gages too high!

I had one of those saws and couldn't get it to cut. It turned out that the depth gages were too high! After I got that fixed I got rid of it. The batteries wouldn't last through a 6" cut! Plus the chain was really slow.

Fun toys!

Dan

I would go with the battery mod the others talked about but would go with a 9 volt instead of the big D. Keep the weight down and it will really make her scream.:biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back