Husky 445 mods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artwood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've heard that this saw responds well to modifications. Haven't found anything in the search.
I did a muffler mod on another stratified saw (Red Max) and they didn't last as long before scoring the cylinders.

At the risk of insulting you, did you retune the saw after the MM? Doing a MM will cause the saw to run lean, requiring a readjusment of the carb. Also, depending how you did your MM, make sure you blow out all the peices out of the muffler before reassembly.

As for the 445, all saws are pretty much the same when it comes to what kind of mods. Muffler mod is usually first and easiest, porting, checking squish and boosting compression, checking and adjusting timing, etc.

Yes, I did retune, but , the 2 redmax 3200's I MM only lasted a year. The 2 that I'm running now unmoddedhave lasted 2 ears still running strong.
I was told this summer that you can't just do a MM on a stratified engine without other mods?
The 445 is light with good antivibe, I would just like t wake it up a bit.

mod

I Opened up my 575xp some and it did help . I only opened it maybe 10 or 15 % . And seemed to have gained about the same or more .
It did require richening it up a bunch to get it to 4 cycle . It now bumps in and out of cycle as I put load on it .I've cut about 3 hours on since and seems fine . AS long as its running some on the rich side I can't see how it could blow, although stranger things have happened !
my 2 cents .

imo ,I don,t think you can go to far on the mm.

Back