husky 450 with problems?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, good little firewood saw, essentially a 445 with more torque. Since it is a big bore, try not to get 'Tim Allen's Disease' and start modding it. The carb, muffler, and most of all the transfer ports are all set up for the 45cc model. If you want to mod it into a strong 50cc saw, you will have to do a heap of work - trust me, I know.

yeah i read your write up on it gonna be a while before i go much farther

OK getting ready to get back at it fianally is been a pretty bad year so far for me (things at home more or less fell apart so its just me and my son is here half the the time so not that bad )
But I think I am running this thing way to lean I am noticing some scoring on the cylinder bore got it set to about 12,300 and running shihl ultra syn and 93 octane (I should say here that I was running 110 octane race fuel for quite a while but I am having fuel line degredation issues so back to 93) I am right in thinking that the turning the H screw counter clockwise is richer right I am just starting to question myself and need some input should also say am running 40-1 ratio
Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Counter clock wise on the H screw is more fuel. If you are at 12,300, that is richer than the factory settings (12,500).

You say cylinder scoring, where are you looking to see the cylinder wall? The usual place to look is through the exhaust port at the exhaust side of the piston. If the exhaust side of the piston still looks good and doesn't have any scoring, then you should be alright.

If you want the saw to run a little cooler, you can block off the air injection system, that will prevent the carb from sucking air that would be going over the fins.

Back