Husky 55 aftermarket top end

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike mandry

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi All, I havent been on here in ages.

I have a Husky 55 that needs a top end.

Im trying to decide which one to get. Seems like everyone is selling them on ebay & the 2 that Baileys have.

Can anyone make a recomendation based on experience (good, bad or indifferent ?)

This will be a firewood saw 4-5 cords a year max.

I bought the NWP kit from baileys and I like it. It is drilled for a de-comp that you can purchase seporately or can be plugged (included). Bolted up nicely.

I used it to rebuild a husqvarna 50 for my Dad. It was an upgrade for that saw to increase HP as the old top end was toast. It does not get used as much as his other saw but after 5-7 tanks of fuel............all is well and it is continuing to gain power.

Hi All, I havent been on here in ages.

I have a Husky 55 that needs a top end.

Im trying to decide which one to get. Seems like everyone is selling them on ebay & the 2 that Baileys have.

Can anyone make a recomendation based on experience (good, bad or indifferent ?)

This will be a firewood saw 4-5 cords a year max.
I had mine rebuilt by Bailey's last fall in that deal they had. Runs great. All their kits are fine.

I read in another thread that the HL supply kits are not too good. Good thing, becuase I almost bought one.

There cant be that many different outfits making these in China. I always assumed that they were all from a few different manufactureres & just relabled. It seems that more & more outfits are selling these, all under a different label.

I like the thought of the Meteior kit from Baileys, but $150 is a lot to put into a 55, even though the rest of it is in real good shape. The $60 kits are tempting, but I want this to last more than 15 hours.

The NWP kits often go on sale at Bailey's. Keep watching and you should be able to get one for around $100.......................Ax.

Back