Husky 562 Primer Bulb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverRocket

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why Huskys like the 550 and 562 have a primer /purge bulb??? None of my Stihls or even my bigger Husky (372) have it? Just seams really primitive for a modern saw. With the technology of Auto tune it’s like having a model T hand crank starter on a new Ford F 150.

Can anyone tell me why Huskys like the 550 and 562 have a primer /purge bulb???...

It's to keep Ludites from buying the saw.

Just seems really primitive for a modern saw..

Yeah primitive, that's it. Husqvarna wanted to give their saws that old-school look.

With the technology of Auto tune it’s like having a model T hand crank starter on a new Ford F 150.

Uh, T-handle????

Auto Tune can't work until it gets fuel to the carb, hence the purpose of a primer bulb. It pulls fuel to the carb which is what you are doing with the starter rope before the saws makes it's first pop. I'll take a primer bulb anytime. It makes starting a saw a two pull proposition.

:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

I have two saws with purge bulbs and they are the easiest to start.

I have no problem with the bulb... Actually like the bulb! :msp_mellow:

It's to keep Ludites from buying the saw.

Yeah primitive, that's it. Husqvarna wanted to give their saws that old-school look.

Uh, T-handle????

Auto Tune can't work until it gets fuel to the carb, hence the purpose of a primer bulb. It pulls fuel to the carb which is what you are doing with the starter rope before the saws makes it's first pop. I'll take a primer bulb anytime. It makes starting a saw a two pull proposition.

:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

QUIT CLOUDING THE ISSUE WITH FACTS!:msp_mad:

:hmm3grin2orange:

According to my expert mechanic, the primer pulls fuel from the tank, through the carburetor to the primer bulb and then back to the tank reducing the number of pulls to get fuel to the carb and fire up the saw.

To be honest I don´t really notice any difference in ease of starting if I use the primer bulb or not, so usually I won´t bother with it anymore. It
takes 4-5 pulls to get the 2260 going (cold start) either way. So, the question why should it be there at all is very appropriate in my opinion...

It definitely makes a difference in my experience. Then again, I only have 346's, 353, string trimmers, hedge trimmers, pole saws that use them. Without using the primer I seldom get any of those to pop in less than 5 pulls if they haven't been run for several days. With the primer they will pop in 1-2 pulls.

Maybe you need to get the screwdriver out and tune your saw....oh, that's right. It's one of those newi-fangled, Micro-Apple DOS 3.12 saws running open-source firm-ware in and EPA-compliant environment.

To be honest I don´t really notice any difference in ease of starting if I use the primer bulb or not, so usually I won´t bother with it anymore. It
takes 4-5 pulls to get the 2260 going (cold start) either way. So, the question why should it be there at all is very appropriate in my opinion...

Bulb makes a difference on both mine (562 346). 2-3 pulls using bulb. 4-6+ without.

That said, I could live with or without the bulb. I don't really care one way or the other.

...Should´ve proboably also mentioned that I´m very pleased with the existence of a primer bulb on my stihl KM90 multitool- engine. On that
piece of kit it certainly makes a difference.

Fully fuel injected Stihl TS500i demolition saw uses them to prime the fuel injection system. Started first pull after a rebuild. Crew claims never more than two pulls.. I'll keep it around. If it ran out of fuel, it would be a hard time to start it with out a bulb.

Bulb makes a difference on both mine (562 346). 2-3 pulls using bulb. 4-6+ without.

That said, I could live with or without the bulb. I don't really care one way or the other.

I surely like them when the saw has been sitting for a while! :msp_smile:

Man I didn’t want to get you guys all bent outta shape, I have a 562 and think it’s an awesome saw.
I can see it wouldn’t take much to get things stirred up around hear
By the way huskys smell funny and what’s up with the girly colors on the 562 :popcorn:

Man I didn’t want to get you guys all bent outta shape, I have a 562 and think it’s an awesome saw.
By the way huskys smell funny and what’s up with the girly colors on the 562 :popcorn:
On Huskies, like most dogs, it makes a difference which end you sniff.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I see the importance of the bulb priming the carb and like the idea of less pulls especially if the saw has been sitting for awhile, or has run out of gas just thought maybe there was something different with the carb or something on the models with the bulb since some models have it and some don't. This 562 is the first saw I've ever owned with the bulb.
For the most part all of my saws(Husky & Stihl) without the bulb normally start 3-4 pulls cold 2-3 with choke on than one on high idle. They always start one pull once warmed up.

Latest posts

Back