Husky 562xp vs Dolmar 6100?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNBobcat

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a husky 562xp that has been nothing but problems and I'm going to sell it. Tomorrow I'm going to look at (and try) a Dolmar 6100. Both saws have 20" bars. Just wondering what you guys have to say about the 6100. Have you owned one and if so for how long and has it been reliable? The husky has not.

I was all set to buy one (6100) then house repairs struck.

I was all set to buy one (6100) then house repairs struck.

Sorry to hear that. I paid around $700 or a little more for the husky and I'm hoping when I sell it that I can get enough that the Dolmar only costs me $200 or $300.

I have nothing bad to say about my Dolmar saws, i own the 6100 and 4605.
I too had problems with husky 560, decided to try out Dolmar's equivalent 60cc. Been using it for ten months now.

-has a bulkier, higher body, cause the cylinder sits upright (tilted on husky).
-front handle is slightly higher
-the easy start mechanism makes it a bit wider, it has spring assist and stronger spark on startup
-starts much easier than husky 560. Nice if you have problems with your shoulders like i DID.
- does not suffer from vapour locking, runs so much cooler that the husky in general.
-Larger tank volume, for longer runtime
-Proved to have better fuel economy than 560
-Air filtration is superior to husky
-Anti vibration is not as good as husky, but has one extra spring, that makes it feel very sturdy and solid. No springs broken yet, husky's snapped easily.
-Dolmars are very well engineered and constructed, simple and reliable.
-Has inboard clutch, no affect on handling in my opinion.

If you are looking for good quality for less money, look no further!

Check out @Finnlogger on Instagram for pictures!

Sent from my DMC-CM1 using Tapatalk

I will just leave this here.

Thanks for posting that video. Are all of the saws stock?

For those who didn't watch, here are the average times (for ~18" white oak):
555 - 17.4 seconds
562 - 16.6 seconds
6100 - 15.3 seconds

The 6100 seems like the best value. The 555 is also a good value and is the lightest of the three. (It's lighter than the 562 due to its use of the Husky small mount.) All three saws are very impressive. So, roll the dice with Autotune, or get a solid, fast, inexpensive 6100? Hmmm.

555 - 17.4 seconds
562 - 16.6 seconds
6100 - 15.3 seconds

The 6100 seems like the best value. The 555 is also a good value and is the lightest of the three. (It's lighter than the 562 due to its use of the Husky small mount.) All three saws are very impressive. So, roll the dice with Autotune, or get a solid, fast, inexpensive 6100? Hmmm.
Not so sure those "timed" cut's are an accurate assessment of those saws abilities, or true performance, especially taking the average fastest cuts from the 562. Also looks to be a lot of variation to that wood, and on a piece of white oak and can change the times drastically.
I've never ran a 6100, but have ran the others(just not the newest versions of the 555), running the 6100 will be happening soon and I'm looking forward to it as it's already been ported :sweet:.
I have a 2015 555 and they are a fun saw in stock form for sure, I really like the handling. My full wrap 562 felt as heavy or heavier than my full wrap 7910, regardless of specs :yes:, which would you rather run:chainsaw:.
Also the newest releases of the 555/562 are a little heavier than the earlier models, even the ones with the newer carbs, so when comparing be sure you know which model it is as to the actual weight.
The old technology typically rescues the new, yes there are exceptions to this rule, but if someone is not afraid of the new technology there are usually some benefits that go along with it.
I have a husky 562xp that has been nothing but problems and I'm going to sell it. Tomorrow I'm going to look at (and try) a Dolmar 6100. Both saws have 20" bars. Just wondering what you guys have to say about the 6100. Have you owned one and if so for how long and has it been reliable? The husky has not.
What year saw is yours, flippy caps or regular(gives a clue if original without looking at the saw ;)).

555 - 17.4 seconds
562 - 16.6 seconds
6100 - 15.3 seconds

Yep all stock. Not even a muffler mod on any of them. I like the layout of the 6100 better it feels like I have more leverage and control. The 562 is smaller but doesn't feel much smaller to me in hand. I am lucky and get to play with the Husky all week long and bring ones home that need any extra "testing "

Look what followed me home! I got a chance to cut with the saw and I liked how it handled. I had to decide between one labeled as Dolmar or Makita. I decided on the Makita on the theory that over the next few years the brand will get known as making a good saw and resale value might be better than Dolmar. Don't know. Just know a lot of people have never heard of Dolmar.

I'm looking forward to trying it out. Dealer says I don't have to do anything to break it in but I'm skeptical and will take it easy on it for a few tanks. I need to get some good synthetic oil for it before I try it.

It has a 20" bar same as my other saw. I'm taking the safety chain off this saw and sticking it on my old saw for when I sell that saw.

Attachments

• IMG_1959.JPG
    IMG_1959.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1960.JPG
    IMG_1960.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 85
what were the issues with the 562? I am looking for a new saw and the 562 is on my short list, deciding on 60cc or 70cc.

Look what followed me home! I got a chance to cut with the saw and I liked how it handled. I had to decide between one labeled as Dolmar or Makita. I decided on the Makita on the theory that over the next few years the brand will get known as making a good saw and resale value might be better than Dolmar. Don't know. Just know a lot of people have never heard of Dolmar.

I'm looking forward to trying it out. Dealer says I don't have to do anything to break it in but I'm skeptical and will take it easy on it for a few tanks. I need to get some good synthetic oil for it before I try it.

It has a 20" bar same as my other saw. I'm taking the safety chain off this saw and sticking it on my old saw for when I sell that saw.
Great decision I will be ordering one of these shortly! Great air filtration,av, power all without auto tune! Enjoy

Nevermind, I had it backwards. The new ones are Dolmar saws in Makita clothing.

L8R,
Matt
Sort of, Makita has owned the dolmar brand(name) for some time (1991), in 2016 they switched the saws to the Makita name. So the earlier versions were actually makitas in dolmar clothing lol.

Latest posts

Back