Husky 61/266 oil adjustment setting?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drillerman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, but what is the current oil adjustment setting on this saw right now? Is it 2 or 4? I'm looking to throw as much oil as I can. I'm assuming 4 is max. I wish the thing just had an arrow. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20240210_175424.jpg
    IMG_20240210_175424.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
As far as I am aware- the raised dot is the indicator for all 2## series saws (including the 61- and the various Jonsered 600 series saws).
So in the photograph above- the oil pump delivery is set to 4- which is the maximum flow- if everything internal of the pump is clean and in good condition and there is a good seal from pick up tube to pump and from exiting the pump into the delivery gallery.

As far as I am aware- the raised dot is the indicator for all 2## series saws (including the 61- and the various Jonsered 600 series saws).
So in the photograph above- the oil pump delivery is set to 4- which is the maximum flow- if everything internal of the pump is clean and in good condition and there is a good seal from pick up tube to pump and from exiting the pump into the delivery gallery.
Thanks Bob! I wasn't sure if the printer was the dot or the line on the opposite side of the screw head. Maybe I should beg for a manual. I just haven't tore into many Husqvarnas yet.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sadly this is becoming clear as mud. :) I can see how that 266 manual is indicating 2, but unfortunately my oiler adjuster looks a little more like the 281 manual. I might just end up tearing it apart and see how the internals match up with the indicator. Time will tell.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sadly this is becoming clear as mud. :) I can see how that 266 manual is indicating 2, but unfortunately my oiler adjuster looks a little more like the 281 manual. I might just end up tearing it apart and see how the internals match up with the indicator. Time will tell.
Based on the photo you have posted, the oiler looks like the one in the picture I have posted. The 281 oiler looks tottaly different. Check the position of the regulating screw.

Back