Husky 61 white top mfg info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMay

Enthusiast (all saws}
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on numbers on this plate, I’m thinking year 1980, day 84, unit number 253. What do the most informed experts think

Attachments

• IMG_7838.jpeg
    IMG_7838.jpeg
    889.3 KB · Views: 0
Try checking under the top cover, I’ve known to find date stamps in the plastic parts that match the year of the saw, unless it doesn’t work like that for older models, but my 1985 white top 61 has the 85 date stamp under the top cover above where the muffler is! You can kinda see it ther under the silver tape!
Hope this helps brotha!
B4FDFDE3-227D-4F2D-BF20-8AA1FF7325DE.jpeg

A two digit date is on the counterweight of the crankshaft if you're ever in that deep. It is usually within a year of the saw's production date. Oddly, some silver tagged 61's and 266's also have a four digit year stamped on the tags - don't know why that approach was only used on some.

According to a serial number-to-date cross reference sheet I have, that saw was produced sometime after Jan 1981 but the sheet stops at 1981 so I can't get it any closer. But likely an '81 or '82.

Thank you for all the great input. I looked at the underside of the white top. There’s no mfg time period indicated. What was visible was the part number and the fact that the top was made in Norway.
IMG_7879.jpeg

Latest posts

Back