Husky 61

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new for new you'd go from 4.1 to 4.7 horse power. In all reality, you'll probably see an even bigger jump as your existing 61 is probably not putting out the stock horse power number. Include a quick muffler mod and i'll bet you hit 5 horse power easily!! So, if your current 61 is a tad low on compression a gain of 1 to 1.5 horsepower is probably not out of the question!!!!! That's 25% or more!

Great info. Takeing all of this into account. Can I get a good used 272 P&C for $150 or so. If I had to buy new, would it not still be better to sell my saw and buy something else. I have a nice 61 with little time on it. Thanks ALL

You forgot the 162se and the 268se....:greenchainsaw:

All the versions of the Jonsered 630, 670 and 625 also are basically the same saws.

The "father" of all these saws was 162se.

Not including the Jonsereds....you have to admit ,,,I got most of them :clap: ....I thought the 162se was the mother?????:givebeer:

The earlier saws had a metal tank and handle....which did make them a little heavy....but the later ones (after 1971?--this is a wild guess) were plastic .....making the powerhead come in at about 13lbs...:monkey: .

I'm sure you can give us exact weights and years....thanks

My serial number starts with 1984. That is the year of manufacture, right? The filter cover says Professional on it.

pardue, I saw them for $90 on fleebay. I looked in the baileys catalog but didn't see them. Maybe they have them on line though. Check there first. I'm thinking of giving it a go round. I don't have the coin for a big saw, so I'll replace the piston/cylinder and put this on my chainsaw mill. I'm running a 55cc saw right now on it, this would be a big improvement.

Latest posts

Back