Husky and Jonsered, differences?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farm Pro

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Riddle me this folks. I'm looking for a new +-50 cc saw. I run Stihl, but was thinking of adding a Jonsered or a Husqvarna. Are there any differences besides color? Thanks

Riddle me this folks. I'm looking for a new +-50 cc saw. I run Stihl, but was thinking of adding a Jonsered or a Husqvarna. Are there any differences besides color? Thanks

Very slim, and varies from model to model, except that the shape of the plastic covers and handlebars tend to add just a tad of weight to the Jreds.....

Last edited:
When I was on the factory tour in Sweden I got a close look at how both brands are made, and there was one pretty significant difference.

They have this fairly hi-tech inspection process for all of the cylinders after they arrive from Mahle. They run them through this machine that uses lasers to inspect the quality of the cylinders. They look for inconsistencies in the finish, measure the ports, simulate air flow and combustion, etc.

The bottom 10% are rejected and sent back to Mahle. The middle 80% are used for the Huskys, but the top 10% are reserved exclusively for the Jonsereds, which explains their superior power, acceleration, and longevity.

Happy New Year!:cheers:

When I was on the factory tour in Sweden I got a close look at how both brands are made, and there was one pretty significant difference.

They have this fairly hi-tech inspection process for all of the cylinders after they arrive from Mahle. They run them through this machine that uses lasers to inspect the quality of the cylinders. They look for inconsistencies in the finish, measure the ports, simulate air flow and combustion, etc.

The bottom 10% are rejected and sent back to Mahle. The middle 80% are used for the Huskys, but the top 10% are reserved exclusively for the Jonsereds, which explains their superior power, acceleration, and longevity.]

Very interesting.
I wonder if any of the bottom 10% end up on ebay ?
Or mabe on home owners saws ?
Now the Jonsereds will be selling higher on ebay now.
I am being tempted. Somebody said in a thread the handles feel more like a Stihl then Husky and now this. There is a hardware store that sells a few about 10 miles from me and I hear another guy has started selling them about 15 mile s the other way. I wonder if they are better then Dolmar.

The bottom 10% are rejected and sent back to Mahle. The middle 80% are used for the Huskys, but the top 10% are reserved exclusively for the Jonsereds, which explains their superior power, acceleration, and longevity.

:jawdrop: :laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

:taped:

Very interesting...

Because Husqvarna owns J-Red, one would think that they would reserve the better cylinders for their main brand.

Spike have you seen that difference reflected in repair/service? If a homeowner is trying to decide on a 2150 vs 350, which one do you suggest?

Ok, thanks for the input. Here's what I'm looking at.
Husky 350/353 and the J-red 2150/2152. General use and trimming, probably a 16 or 18" bar. Any suggestions and reasons why.

So much for the notion of Jonsered being a poor mans huskee. :greenchainsaw:

OK guys, for those who didn't pick up on it, the above post was completely unencumbered by facts. Just a little New Years Eve collaboration between me and that great American patriot and master brewer, Samuel Adams.:)

I would like to visit Sweden though!

Last edited:
Get whatever your favorite dealer sells and services,the Husky will be easier to find used parts. good luck.

Latest posts

Back