Husky B&S 6.75 hp log splitter engine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngzcaz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, just got it. Started a little hard, ran fine after it started. Fired up OK the next day, trailered it 400 miles the next day, and now it wont start. Didnt choke it, choked it, flooded it, cleared it, different plug all nada. Tried to check the spark, couldnt see any but its tough to ground the plug with one hand and pull the cord with the other. I'm hoping its not an ignition thing. Its the Intek engine only a year or two old. Had 2 cycle engines that weren't this fussy.

Any known issues ? ( got the shield in front to ward off the anti Briggs fans )

:( :censored:

You know you gotta have spark, she won't run without it - Either something [wire] fell off on the trip, low oil sensor shutting you off, or the electronic gizmo that generates the spark has crapped out. Or it could be as simple as the sparkplug has bought the farm too, but I doubt it's that - You towed it 400 miles or put it on a trailer?

Yeah, I towed it 400 miles from Cleveland Ohio on its own hitch and wheels. The oil checks out ok, but I just came back from the garage and noticed the gas tank was empty. I'm 90 plus percent sure we put gas in before I left. So now I'm trying to figure out if all the bouncing around on I-80 and the Pa. turnpike somehow caused the gas to go in the engine oil or at least partially. To be sure, I'll drain the oil ( saw the drain plug is located in an ungodly position ) and refill just to be sure. How secure are the magnets for the magneto ? I tried several plugs.. nothing.. Guess I should have put it on the back of my ranger..

I dont see a shutoff anywhere on this unit and was told it doesnt have any. Guess thats an add on I'll have to do for peace of mind...

Was gonna say to check the float, but you're obviously getting fuel.

For checking spark, try running a crimp on gator clip, and a 2' piece of 16ga wire. Clip on plug wire, end of wire near ground.. or in your hand if you really don't mind a good zap.

If no spark, ya rattled something loose on the road.
I hate that when it happens!

You can spend hours chasing things down, only to find something obvious.
Good luck to ya!

You may want to check out the coil, particuarly the gap between the the coil and the flywheel. Check your owners manual for the proper gap spec.

When you said...

As soon as you said started hard, I thought of an engine that I fought with for a season. It too was a Briggs, and I too filled it up with gas before shutting it down the night before I was to run it again. As it turns out the gas didn't have a shut off wither, and it all leaked into the cylinder, and made it really hard to start. Cool flame too when it did start. As soon as I did the carb rebuild with a new float, never had the same problem.

Good luck,
Jason

When you tow something like that with a small motor you need to shut the fuel off. If you don't it will slosh fuel in the cylinder and flood it. I have had this problem before also.

Scott

Latest posts

Back