husky bar tip replaced with Oregon?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blairito

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Looking for a bar tip, will the 12 tooth Oregon fit?

Attachments

• 6333E75E-5966-4A03-910B-01CC2D03A5D9.jpeg
    6333E75E-5966-4A03-910B-01CC2D03A5D9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 44F81C93-75F6-4A58-A68C-8C16E2137F00.jpeg
    44F81C93-75F6-4A58-A68C-8C16E2137F00.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
"Old" Husky bars are rebranded Oregon, so go ahead and put an Oregon labeled tip on that bar. Once the blue paint wears off they all look the same. Now the new Husky bars are Tsumura? Sugihara? Or something like that and you can't run Oregon tips on those.

"Old" Husky bars are rebranded Oregon, so go ahead and put an Oregon labeled tip on that bar. Once the blue paint wears off they all look the same. Now the new Husky bars are Tsumura? Sugihara? Or something like that and you can't run Oregon tips on those.
I know the x-tough light bars are Sugi, not sure about the regular x-tough bars though. It would make sense to have one company make both, but it doesn’t always work out that way.

The ones with blue lettering are still Oregon I think.

I would like to know who makes the x-tough heavy bars too. I have one and it's great. I assume Sugihara, same as the light, but not sure.

I would like to know who makes the x-tough heavy bars too. I have one and it's great. I assume Sugihara, same as the light, but not sure.
I have a x-tough 24” bar on my 266xp I like it so far. Next time I talk to my husky rep I’ll ask. I’d like to know as well.

It's either European bars are Sugi and U.S. are Tsumuea or vice versa, I can't recall which. The tip style should be a dead giveaway, though.

Yeah. It should. The XT-Heavy tip doesn't match a Tsumura for sure. I don't believe it matches a Sugihara light bar either but I don't have any Sugihara anything to compare with.

Latest posts

Back