husky cd480

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poorboypaul

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some info on this saw? When they were made, cc's, etc. Have one in fair shape. Didn't know whether to put in new piston and rings, or part it out if parts aren't readily available.

cd 480

here is some info on the saw.
Model Profile: 480CD

im working on one myself. its 77cc 52mm bore 36mm stroke. i found mine with my father in the junk pile at the chainsaw shop. it had a trade tag that said $25.00 so thats what she sold it for! i was pumped! ill be finishing her up withen the next few days. im looking for mod info if anyone can help. i heard they were a little under powered.

Last edited:
very similar to a 2100. lots of parts interchange. older 480's even had the same flywheel and starter as the 2100. newer ones went to a lighter flywheel and instead of having that thin metal spacer in between the starter and the case they had a thicker plastic one with a starter that wasn't as wide. same ignition coil as the 2100. the 480 feels like an L65 on steroids. i would say they are turds but when tuned right they can be fun to run. alot of people don't like them but i do :msp_thumbup: sweet score for $25.

I recently reconditioned one for a friend of mine. A sweet old saw with good power and sounds great even at idle.

Latest posts

Back