husky crankcase seal removal tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husq2100

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
does anyone know the part number for the husky crankcase seal removal tool to suit 288?

the workshop manual doesnt list it, but shows in the crankcase section a tool, saw specific, to screw into the rubber seal and then turn a handle and it pulls the seal out.

this is so you can replace the seals without splitting the case.

cheers, Serg

I don't have the part number, or the specific tool.

I stay away from screwdrivers, although tempting. I do however use dental tools.

I can put a bit of force on a 90 degree pick with a short "tooth" that can enter the rubber portion, and hook onto the metal portion, pulling out the seal.

Good luck finding the part, let me know too when you get it...

Jason

I bought the tool you're speaking of last fall when I was working on my 268. I got it from that Randy fellow on Ebay. Works as it should. I think it was something like $30.....but I can't really remember. Really neat tool, you strip the saw down to the seals and it screws into the rubber part of the seal. Then you twist down on a bolt through the tool and it pulls the seal right out.

husky list 2 part numbers, and it says the saws are 346, 353 etc for one and 362-375xp for the other.... wonder if they will fit the "2" series saws...

id be suprised if i cant get it, i just bought a whole bunch of service tools for 272, 288 and 2100.... just not this one

Serg

Drop me a PM(in my sig) with your email addy and I'll send you the up to date service tool sheet. All tools and their part numbers.

Cheers

SD

so no one can tell me if part numbers: 502 50 55-01, 504 91 40-01, that are listed for the "3"series saws will work on 272, 288 or 2100????

i better go start another oil thread................

Serg

Pic of a boogered up seal

Wish I knew, Uninformed, I'm waiting for a good answer myself, as I'm thinking of doing my 372 seals also. I have a bunch of picked-over 372 cases, and just to investigate how best to do it, I've inspected a few of the junkers. Here's a pic of a good example of one that was (apparently) pretty hard to extract. I didn't muck this up, but the last guy sure did. This seal is pretty well mangled and was still firmly seated in the saw. I popped this seal out from the inside of a split case.

All I've got to say is, it would be worth waiting 'till you had the right method. I'm sure this fellow was glum after his attempt. If his seals weren't bad before the effort, they sure were afterwards!

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back