Husky dealer question for Blower fuel line ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
guys,
trying to find a fuel line replacement for a husky/redmax backpack blower. the local dealer won't sell line only, sells the "kit" "replacement fuel lose assembly" ( 579 13 83 04) @ $17 per kit-w/o a filter btw.
been told its a Metric size. searched some on our site and came up with .117 x .211 as a suggestion. wonder if anyone can confirm. Like to have a 20-30' of the stuff for a few BP Blowers a lawn service has.
PM if you carry it, want to sell some or can direct me to the correct size availablity.

Thanks.
PS these blowers have some real strange failures...mostly coming from bolts not being tightened or loc-tited

guys,
trying to find a fuel line replacement for a husky/redmax backpack blower. the local dealer won't sell line only, sells the "kit" "replacement fuel lose assembly" ( 579 13 83 04) @ $17 per kit-w/o a filter btw.
been told its a Metric size. searched some on our site and came up with .117 x .211 as a suggestion. wonder if anyone can confirm. Like to have a 20-30' of the stuff for a few BP Blowers a lawn service has.
PM if you carry it, want to sell some or can direct me to the correct size availablity.

Thanks.
PS these blowers have some real strange failures...mostly coming from bolts not being tightened or loc-tited
What is the ID in metric?

Stens #115-319
oregon #07-156
Tygon fuel line.
Echo 90017 is really close to that size line too. .020 larger od and the id is the same by my measurements.
Echo line is probably the best deal of those 3.

Awesome. just what I was looking for
Many thanks.

now if we can just figure out why these things rattle themselves to death.... :(

so I just priced it from Stens....I can get about 47' free buying it in bulk as opposed to buying three "kits"...

.117 x .211
3mm is .1181
5.31mm is .209
5.41mm is .213
6mm is .2362
Echo 90017 is 3x6mm http://performanceoutdoorequipment.com/products/echo-fuel-line-bulk-3mmx6mmx2000mm26ft-90017-clear
Haven't tried it but i would think that extra .025 on the OD would work in most situations

Ford150,
Just curious, how do you actually get such precise measurements in the hoses knowing they swell and flex so much ?
i measured a few times and got lots of variations with a cheap simple mic.
also if you have it handy, can you offer the return line dimensions as well ? I get (.131 x .224 )

Ford150,
Just curious, how do you actually get such precise measurements in the hoses knowing they swell and flex so much ?
i measured a few times and got lots of variations with a cheap simple mic.
also if you have it handy, can you offer the return line dimensions as well ? I get (.131 x .224 )
From the manufacturer.

From the manufacturer.

I mean from a customers saw/OPE that they dropped off and its some "off" brand that doesn't spec out the size for you.
if there is a way to get the "stihl type" service manuals for Husky and Redmax then I need/want to.
All I can find is IPLs for RedMax and Husky and quite honestly they lack compared to Stihls.

I mean from a customers saw/OPE that they dropped off and its some "off" brand that doesn't spec out the size for you.
if there is a way to get the "stihl type" service manuals for Husky and Redmax then I need/want to.
All I can find is IPLs for RedMax and Husky and quite honestly they lack compared to Stihls.
You could have 2 or three hoses of known sizes in stock and use that as a gauge. A digital vernier will help. They don't have to be precise just fit snug will work fine.

You could have 2 or three hoses of known sizes in stock and use that as a gauge. A digital vernier will help.

that would work, but I was in every service shop/lawn mower repair/auto parts store with in 20 miles of me and all I got was dumb stares and 'well wishes'...got a few "hey I can order it for you"...but I can't order what I don't know will work?

I can sent you everything service manual for husqvarna, the distibutor is friend so he mail to me i mail to you
which you want

I only "LIKE" Stihl...sometimes you got no choices though....Stuff just finds you and you can't say 'NO'.
service all friend no matter if stihl husky or something else , why not if you can do it.

that would work, but I was in every service shop/lawn mower repair/auto parts store with in 20 miles of me and all I got was dumb stares and 'well wishes'...got a few "hey I can order it for you"...but I can't order what I don't know will work?
What is it you need I have a hose for Stihl here now?

Back