Husky Fuel line question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mattinky

mattinky

Addicted to ArboristSite
I needed a new fuel line for a Husky 55 project saw I'm working on. I found a new Husky line so that's taken care of, but I looked and looked and could'nd find any aftermarket fuel line in the correct size. Everything I see jumps from 1/8" i.d. / 3/16" o.d. to 3/16" i.d. / 5/16" o.d. and you need something in-between these sizes.

To replace the line on the Husky with aftermarket line you would need something in the neighborhood of 5/32 i.d. / 1/4" o.d. Does anyone know if this size, or something similar is available? Just thought I'd ask in case I need some in the future. It's just soooooo expensive to buy the OEM fuel lines!
Matt

Last edited:
Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Addicted to ArboristSite
Oregon make some as well as http://www.cutterschoice.com has some and maybe some sponsers here. The fuel line prob will never be the right size as i know from working on the Echo's one end fits the other is big. So i took some old 9mm or .30m1 shell casings and cut the end off and made little line crimpers out of them to hold the bigger line on the smaller nipple...Bob

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
I needed a new fuel line for a Husky 55 project saw I'm working on. I found a new Husky line so that's taken care of, but I looked and looked and could'nd find any aftermarket fuel line in the correct size. Everything I see jumps from 1/8" i.d. / 3/16" o.d. to 3/16" i.d. / 5/16" o.d. and you need something in-between these sizes.

To replace the line on the Husky with aftermarket line you would need something in the neighborhood of 5/32 i.d. / 1/4" o.d. Does anyone know if this size, or something similar is available? Just thought I'd ask in case I need some in the future. It's just soooooo expensive to buy the OEM fuel lines!
Matt

My local hardware store has reels of clear Tygon fuel holes in a half dozen sizes - all small. Model stores - boats, plane etc, also have the small sizes. If you want the small metric stuff, talk to your stihl or whatever dealer, and buy it in bulk - 10 foot rolls for $22 MSRP or 50 foot for $30 MSRP... make it very cheap per inch...

Last edited:

Latest posts