Husky Ignition Module Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new 346XP has the blue module in it. You can see it through the slots in the recoil housing. It is rev limited to 14100 rpm.

I am actually needing an unlimited ignition module for my EHP 359. The original module took to shutting itself off once the saw was good and warmed up. Works fine when cold. Bailey's sent me a replacement that is rev limited to 13600 rpm. EHP told me that was no good for a modded saw. Simply not enough rpm's. It is not Bailey's fault that Husqvarna is trying to spoil our fun. I may end up installing the unlimited after market coil that Bailey's carries.

So far as to how a limiting module actually works would be better answered by an electrical engineer.:D I do know that when the saw hits the max rpm allowed by the design, it cuts back on the spark until the rpm drops back down under the pre-set range. It makes it tricky to adjust your carb if you normally adjust by sound. Better use a good tach.

Latest posts

Back