Husky pics (and a new saw)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR4WD

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Got my Sling'r 390 today, it's the understated saw of the century.

1012944.jpg

Lined up the 390 with the 372 and 359. Ordered some stuff from baileys that showed up the same day as the 390.(the lightweight 33" bar on the 390, the 28" bar on the 372 and the full wrap and dogs for the 359)

1012933.jpg

Then I threw the 3120 and 335 in the pic too.

1012940.jpg

I think over the winter I'll do some work to the 359 and get it up to BC woods port standards.

390 looks tiny next to the 3120.

im jealus, thats a very nice setup. ive been watchn the 390s on ebay with no luck yet

Sweet Lineup!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the earth first most wanted poster! LOL!!!

Hows the RW bar working on the 390?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Nice looking saws. I have some of the same saws as you. Did you get to run the 390 stock or just after Slingr got a hold of it?

Thanks for all the kind words fellas :)

Sweet Lineup!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the earth first most wanted poster! LOL!!!

Hows the RW bar working on the 390?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Don't know yet, but it's a heckuva lot lighter and easier to handle. Little too much white stuff up in the hills to test it out right away.

Nice looking saws. I have some of the same saws as you. Did you get to run the 390 stock or just after Slingr got a hold of it?

I ran my 385 stock, and this only after it was modded. First thing that popped out was how quiet it was, in comparison with my ported 372 and second was the low end torque. It's only got about 5 cuts on it, so can't say much else than that

That's a beautiful line up of saws, but...................................wheres the 346?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one saw I can say I don't particularly want. I climb and work from a bucket truck a lot, so the 335 fills that niche. And sometimes when I'm dropping power poles in really tight spaces, or trees in peoples back yards, I'll use the 359. It's slower, so It's easier to aim. I've climbed with it, too. It's pretty heavy though!!

The 372 and now the 390 fill the firewood and right of way clearancing niche.

And I can mill with the 3120.

I got my first saw, the 359 around 2002 or so and it must have 250,000 miles cruising around in the lock box of my truck. Bit of an emotional attatchment there. Had I known I was going to go on a saw buying tangeant, I probably would have skipped the 359 and gotten a 346. Although now with full wrap the 359's gonna be hard to beat in the air (once ported)

Last edited:
I guess that's a cool looking line up, but there the wrong color. See the dog is even scarred of them orange monsters.

Stihls forever. When I leave here I want to go with my 084 ain't never been in a mess it couldn't get me out of.:biggrinbounce2:

Back