Husky Rancher 55 drive links question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bergy1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a friend who wants me to order a couple chains through Bailey's. His saw is 80 miles away and I need to know how many drive links it has, he does not know.

It is a Rancher 55 with an 18" bar.

Also, he states it is a 3/8 chain. Should I order the 3/8? I've seen that some people are running a .325 on that saw.

Thanks for any help.

I have a friend who wants me to order a couple chains through Bailey's. His saw is 80 miles away and I need to know how many drive links it has, he does not know.

It is a Rancher 55 with an 18" bar.

Also, he states it is a 3/8 chain. Should I order the 3/8? I've seen that some people are running a .325 on that saw.

Thanks for any help.

If he has a standard 18" bar with 3/8" chain than he most likely has 66 drive links. This is only a guess, he will need to take the chain off and count, or get a bar number. You will also need to know the gauge of chain, you can find this out from the chain he has now. When he takes off the chain to count the links, have him look for a number on the drive tangs. This will tell you exactly what chain he is running. It will make your life easier when ordering.

He won't be able to switch to .325 unless he changes his bar and sprocket.

Last edited:
Standard husky small mount is 68 drive links on 3/8

If it is the orginal bar that came with the saw it should be 3/8" x 68 drive links. But before you order: have your freind remove his bar and read the important info stamped into the bar. You need to know if it's .050 or .058 gauge drive link thickness. The bar should read 1.3=50 gauge or 1.5=58 gauge. Husqvarna still uses both gauges, but they are not interchangeable.

Drive link

The 55 Rancher came standard with 3/8 chain drive link count is 68 not 66 for an 18" bar.

AJ

The 55 Rancher came standard with 3/8 chain drive link count is 68 not 66 for an 18" bar.

AJ

My bad, 68 is standard. This only applies if he still has the bar that came with it. Like I said before, count the chain and get a chain or bar number. This is the only way to be sure he gets the right chain.

Back