Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad6713

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new Husqvarna and am wondering which model to buy. I'm torn between the 372XP versus the 576XP. Any suggestions between the two?? I'd rather not open up a can of worms related to other models or brands if possible. Thanks in advance!!

I'll tell ya how this will end.

You'll get a TON of thumbs up for the 372xp, since it's been around awhile. And it is Highly regarded around here. I hope to own one soon!

The 576, You'll get mixed reviews on. But from what I've read most of the guys that have em, Love em.

Standing by

Murf

I figured it would be. My dealer said the same thing as above about the 372 vs. 576. He also stated that about 3 years ago husky discontinued the 372, then brought it back due to popular demand. WHat i'm wondering is, will the 576 eventually replace the 372??

I would personally say the 372 it has a great track record. I can't say anything about the 576 except that it weighs a little more as I have not run one. If you can find a dealer or some friends who have one or the other I would try both out before buying. Just my opinion though.

I ran both at the PNW get together last year and ended up buying a 372xpw. The main reason was that I knew the 372 was going away and I would still have a chance at a 576 later. Unless you are realy sensitive to weight its not an issue. The 576 is ultra smooth with a great power band. Im a stihl guy at heart but I doubt you would be unhappy with the 576.

Can you elaborate as to why??

Smooth as silk, sips fuel, more power, equal anti-vibes, equal filtration, been around long enough to be proven, they will be made for years to come, can be ported for big power gains, cool metallic gray clutch cover, although a little heavier it is not really noticeable in the woods, you can be the first among your friends to have one

@ chad6713

First off, do a search. This has been discussed quite a bit in the last few months. It's good to ask but everything that's going to be said is already there, several times over.

The 372xp will be replaced by a 372xp strato saw in April. It is allegedly the same shape and design as the 372. It may be slightly taller to accommodate the different P&C. it seems that this is mainly for name recognition, the 372 is world famous by now.

It was said that it appears as though the 372 strato will not be offered with as many options as the 576xp. I think someone said heated handles won't be available on them or something like that.

The 576 is also available with autotune, a system which basically constantly optimizes the tuning of the saw to ambient conditions. There was 1 report of a technical bulletin that suggested issues with the system, however the report was not corroborated with any experiences of individuals on here or by Husqvarna US, as I understand. Positive experiences, however, have been reported on here. Husky is also including the system on their replacements to 357xp and 359.

@Muffler Bearing:
whoever compiled the data for that chart at husky is an idiot. ALL professional, currently available husqvarna saws have low-vibe. This just means the spring isolated AV system. Furthermore, the 576xp has better values for vibration reduction than the 372xp. It is one smooooooth saw to use. you really can barely tell that you're cutting.

Also, it has adjustable oil pump. All husky pro saws seem to have one.

Either saw should make you happy. I have 372 and a 575, personally I like the 575, it has a much wider power band, but the 372 is a fuzz lighter weight. Pick up both up and handle them, if you can cut with them even better. How big of wood are you looking to cut? my 575 pulls a 28 full comp chain better than my 372 with a 24. Most people seem to rip on the 575/576 because the heard from someone who heard from someone else that they had bad saw. Just my thoughts, good luck
Ryan

although a little heavier it is not really noticeable in the woods, you can be the first among your friends to have one
Hahahahahaha. I lold at the weight comment. Ever taken a long distance hike? Every bit of weight matters. Take whatever extra effort you take for a day and take that x7 and that's the extra effort for a week. It adds up. I personally doubt you'd know that a recreational cutter/firewooder. If I had 4 wheeler,truck, or some other vehicle to carry my saw and I didn't have to hike much, I'd be fine.

So, I say 576 if you don't hike much in the woods, 372 with 75cc jug if you have to hike..

Hahahahahaha. I lold at the weight comment. Ever taken a long distance hike? Every bit of weight matters. Take whatever extra effort you take for a day and take that x7 and that's the extra effort for a week. It adds up. I personally doubt you'd know that a recreational cutter/firewooder. If I had 4 wheeler,truck, or some other vehicle to carry my saw and I didn't have to hike much, I'd be fine.

So, I say 576 if you don't hike much in the woods, 372 with 75cc jug if you have to hike..

You get used to weight. I am not a pro logger or arborist, but I am far from a recreational wood cutter. I have no vehicle to hall my stuff when cutting. I carry it all in and carry it all out, including the wood most of the time.

In terms of a long walk and weight, I road my bicycle with all my camping gear from upstate NY to Nashville, TN. It is a cheaper mountain bike and all my bags and carriers were homemade out of steel and old Frost Line bags. My whole rig cost under $200. I saw guys training for months for their cross country trips on $2000 bikes with all the special high dollar gear. They said it was all about weight. I would just say "cool, good luck" and keep on riding my heavy old bike. I got to Tennessee pretty quick, with few issues. Weight matters, but not nearly as much as most hiker, bikers, and AS members think.

You get used to weight. I am not a pro logger or arborist, but I am far from a recreational wood cutter. I have no vehicle to hall my stuff when cutting. I carry it all in and carry it all out, including the wood most of the time.

In terms of a long walk and weight, I road my bicycle with all my camping gear from upstate NY to Nashville, TN. It is a cheaper mountain bike and all my bags and carriers were homemade out of steel and old Frost Line bags. My whole rig cost under $200. I saw guys training for months for their cross country trips on $2000 bikes with all the special high dollar gear. They said it was all about weight. I would just say "cool, good luck" and keep on riding my heavy old bike. I got to Tennessee pretty quick, with few issues. Weight matters, but not nearly as much as most hiker, bikers, and AS members think.

You Must Post A pic Of The Girl Waiting For U in Nashville!
Does She Have A Sister!.
I got winded just reading about your trip.:monkey::monkey:

I would personally say the 372 it has a great track record. I can't say anything about the 576 except that it weighs a little more as I have not run one. If you can find a dealer or some friends who have one or the other I would try both out before buying. Just my opinion though.

At least "on paper", the 576xp has the extra power to compensate for the added weight, unlike the 575xp and MS441......:givebeer:

I will stick with the 372xp anyway, but that isn't totally rational - you get a legend as well as a superb saw!

Last edited:
I just recently bought a new to me 372xp, and I got to say I am very pleased with it. I was debating between it and a new 575 that a dealer was clearing out, and the 300 dollars saved on a good used 372 was the deciding factor for me. If I had the money I would probably consider the 576 - fuel efficiency, a bit more power, a newer technology. On the other hand the hype over the 372 is not hype: it is true - an outstanding saw. You can't go wrong either way. I'm sure many would love to have your dilemma .

:cheers: Tim

@ chad6713

First off, do a search. This has been discussed quite a bit in the last few months. It's good to ask but everything that's going to be said is already there, several times over.

The 372xp will be replaced by a 372xp strato saw in April. It is allegedly the same shape and design as the 372. It may be slightly taller to accommodate the different P&C. it seems that this is mainly for name recognition, the 372 is world famous by now.

It was said that it appears as though the 372 strato will not be offered with as many options as the 576xp. I think someone said heated handles won't be available on them or something like that.

The 576 is also available with autotune, a system which basically constantly optimizes the tuning of the saw to ambient conditions. There was 1 report of a technical bulletin that suggested issues with the system, however the report was not corroborated with any experiences of individuals on here or by Husqvarna US, as I understand. Positive experiences, however, have been reported on here. Husky is also including the system on their replacements to 357xp and 359.

@Muffler Bearing:
whoever compiled the data for that chart at husky is an idiot. ALL professional, currently available husqvarna saws have low-vibe. This just means the spring isolated AV system. Furthermore, the 576xp has better values for vibration reduction than the 372xp. It is one smooooooth saw to use. you really can barely tell that you're cutting.

Also, it has adjustable oil pump. All husky pro saws seem to have one.

will the saw that replaces the 372 be a 4 series saw? that was part of the reason i picked the epa 1 365 special v.s the 372:monkey: epa 3 :monkey: epa :monkey:

Back