Husq 444se

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl waters

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My neighbour a very active 80 has a barn find 444 in vg condition. He took it to the local shop for a tune -up. They removed the hose that comes out of the tank and connects to the vent and replaced it with what looked to me to be a vent system out of the 2054 2055 Jred family. I started it after he brought it home and it blew that hose right out of there, gas was pouring out.
As luck would have it he had purchased a $20 yard sale beater 444 se last fall so I took the vent and hose out of it and it started up and works fine. It'll do for now but does anyone know if or where I could find a new hose that fits in the tank and connects to the vent thingy.

Those vents are NLA from Husky. An old dealer might have one. 240se, 44 use the same vent. I have one but it's NFS. Got a lot of this series saw gotta figure out a different vent for some of mine. Parts saws are best source.
Shep

Vent line

For the vent line I used a piece of straight gas line about 1.5" in length. Inserted a fine thread machine screw into one end, almost until the head bottoms out. Insert the other end the vent hole.
The screw acts as a "grub screw" and allows air in, around the threads, and gas does not pour out.

For the vent line I used a piece of straight gas line about 1.5" in length. Inserted a fine thread machine screw into one end, almost until the head bottoms out. Insert the other end the vent hole.
The screw acts as a "grub screw" and allows air in, around the threads, and gas does not pour out.

Duh! Don't know why I didn't think of that it's what I do on 021-025 Stihl's and my 2800-3300 Poulans. That type vent line is OEM on the Stihl 021-025 and a few other Stihls.
Shep

Right On Shep

I crowed that idea from seeing the one on 025 Stihl !

It is not as good as the OEM vent on the Husky 44 - it is a one way valve - fairly high tech in my opinion.

But nothing beats making something work from stuff that is laying around.

Back