Husqvarna 120 mark ll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad_mat222

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Greetings,
Have a mark ll and the easy start spring keeps binding up. I replaced one pulled three times drop starting (I know you shouldn’t) damaged, replaced and pulled very gently just turning it over, damaged. The engines fine and turns over easily. There’s no obvious damage.

Is the a mod to delete that spring. It’s a rubbish design. Any advice much appreciated.

I would go to Beg for Manuals thread and ask for an IPL for that saw. Probably, the parts you need for conversion are shown there.

Are the replacement parts you're using OEM?

Roy

On a bunch of the chinese saws you can screw or silicone the assist spring into place so it doesnt move then you have a regular pull start.
I havent seen a 120 mark II so I dont know if it's the same set up or not.

It’s a gimmick they should piss off. I might start look into sourcing. Solid pulley from another model. Perhaps the earliest ones fit.

Greetings,
Have a mark ll and the easy start spring keeps binding up. I replaced one pulled three times drop starting (I know you shouldn’t) damaged, replaced and pulled very gently just turning it over, damaged. The engines fine and turns over easily. There’s no obvious damage.

Is the a mod to delete that spring. It’s a rubbish design. Any advice much appreciated.
I see 2 ipls

Attachments

• 120-Mark-II_96786193X ipl.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 120-MARK-II-96786190X ipl.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for that. I have looked at those already. Interestingly they do not include the break down for the start assist. Part 545008028 seems to be a solid one piece pulley. I had ordered another similar one with a different part number already but look identical so will see if I’m heading down the right track.

So have the part number for the swap. Change out the pulley and retaining screw. You can get away with using the original screw but it requires a shim.

Hope that saves time of stuffing around with damaged springs.

Attachments

• IMG_8278.jpeg
    IMG_8278.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 0
Back