Husqvarna 141 3/8LP or .325

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clearly, the 3/8LP is easier to pull...so, "faster."

"Better" is more complicated.

IMO, that 141 is close to 50-50 for that chain choice. Probably depends on what species you're cutting, how long a bar you want, and such.

Also known as...you can't go too wrong with either.

Roy

Clearly, the 3/8LP is easier to pull...so, "faster."

"Better" is more complicated.

IMO, that 141 is close to 50-50 for that chain choice. Probably depends on what species you're cutting, how long a bar you want, and such.

Also known as...you can't go too wrong with either.

Roy
Going to be running a 16" bar on it. I'm not a fan of safety chain personally so whichever gauge is a better option as far as cutting speed and availability.

in 3/8 lopro pitch try the stihl 63ps or 63ps3 chain if .050 bar
but if you get .043 bar can use the new stihl 61ps3 which is also square tooth- probably be the fastest as it the lightweight chain with a square tooth imo

I bought a rim drive conversion kit for a model 36 which is the small bore version of the 41. If such a thing exists still get that and play in .325nk and 1/4 inch pitch with a rim sprocket and a sort of fits (3/8lp/63 class picco) 7 tooth on the small spline rim for full size 3/8.

I bought a rim drive conversion kit for a model 36 which is the small bore version of the 41. If such a thing exists still get that and play in .325nk and 1/4 inch pitch with a rim sprocket and a sort of fits (3/8lp/63 class picco) 7 tooth on the small spline rim for full size 3/8.
I didn't know about a rim drive conversion kit. Oregon make it?

I didn't know about a rim drive conversion kit. Oregon make it?
It was an Oregon part. came with the .325 rim. They may not deal in that kind of stuff anymore with the ownership changes. Little red barn has that kind of stuff now. Does that saw oil at idle? I don't think it needed any oil drive parts but am not sure.

Latest posts

Back