Husqvarna 162, 2x 266, 268 Frankensaw Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a little frustrated. Cutting with the 268 and both rear top antivibes fail. The 266 and 162 have both started running less that perfect. The 162at idle runs the chain, even though the rpms are low. The 266 cuts and when I let off the throttle it takes a noticeable time to wind down to idle. All 3 have new rings, do you have tune again after some run time? All 3 cut so good upon initial rebuild.

Brian

I had a problem with a 266 that took a long time to come back to idle after a cut. If I remember correctly I replaced the antivibes and that helped. It seemed like the old ones got a little stretched and didn't go back to there original shape very quickly, which made the tank and case be out of alignment. This made the throttle lever not close the butterfly all the way.

thanks guys for both tips. I will look into both things.

Brian

Just to make sure I have everything right:

To properly convert the 266 to 272 I know you need the Tilly 260. Then you need the block between the carb and engine. Do you need the rubber piece also or does the 266 one work?

To properly convert the 266 to 272 I know you need the Tilly 260. Then you need the block between the carb and engine. Do you need the rubber piece also or does the 266 one work?
Bump. Anyone?

you will need the hard plastic piece between the cylinder and the carb and the rubber part as well. the hard plastic parts are shaped different. I just popped the top covers and filters off both to check.

Brian

So I finally have the 162 tuned right. It was great then got wierd, do you think the new rings setting in can affect the tuning. Anyway, it is fairly strong in the cut, 4 strokes before and cleans up but if she is at an idle I have to ease into full throttle. I know the throttle response should be instant off idle. should be able to just goose it. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Open the low side quarter turn. Reset idle.
huh, it was only making the high end rich and then leaning the low speed needle that got it to where it is. Maybe I should video it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I watched the tuning 101 thread videos. The 162 is now putting a grin on my face when I cut with her. I also swapped. the clutch with the other one from the piece part pile. Spring was screwed on the one I took off, no it idles great with no chain movement. You can see the failed area on the removed clutch.

b55fda4542b76411a0afcd10de7096d7.jpg

Brian

why would my 162 just stop oiling? it is gear drive oiler so I don't see why it would stop. Maybe the gear failed?

Brian

why would my 162 just stop oiling? it is gear drive oiler so I don't see why it would stop. Maybe the gear failed?

Brian

That's possible - but it also could be a disconnected line, or even an empty tank (I assume you checked that, really).

If it isn't one of those options, I guess you have to take the oiler apart, and have a closer look.

will do, I was mostly just wondering if those oilers have a track record of working or not. I will dump the oil and check the hose and then pull the oiler if the hose is attached.

Brian

finally got the AV mounts to get the 268 back in the fold. I realize now what happened, like an idiot I forgot to put the bolts into the 2 bottom mounts so the top 2 were carrying all the load and failed.
2bd31dcae0f6c66d25aace575b1322ea.jpg

Brian

Latest posts

Back