Husqvarna 162 61 262 266 268 272 parts interchangeable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a whole (272) cylinder, gasket and bearing kit fedexed from china for $60 canadian.. yeah, they're available and cheap.. on a 'good' saw I would stick with OEM though.

I did manage to make the 61 adapter block work on the 272 cylinder with a lot of dremel work.

no.. I had to oval out one of the mounting stud holes, and then port match the rest of it... make sure the impulse line doesn't get moved too far off.. I may have had to oval some of those ports out too.. Saw is assembled so I can't get any pics

The 262 had some years where they used a brass worm gear to drive the oiler. The crank seal was mounted in the case and not in the oiler. Worm gear has to be pulled to change the seal. I am not sure if any other models in the 2 series had this but I know the 262 did.
vid by Mattyo on it.

The 262 is part of a diff family, 154 254 257 261 262 being the biggest of them. Been awhile so not sure I named them all

If it was really a former concrete cutting saw I would be checking the entire engine for excessive wear.
Concrete and metal cutting saws are in an abrasive environment, P&C and crank wear were bad in many cases. Many factory air filters were poor and the engines didn't last long. I'd be checking the conrod big-end bearing for wear before going too far,plus cyl. and piston clearance.

Latest posts

Back